Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so sick of places not having parts for the mazda! If i ever what or need to do a quick fix on the thing i have to order the parts in and im without a car untill i can do it. Today i was changing control arm bushes with some nolathane items and the fucking sleeve that goes through the centre wasnt right on one of the bushes :mad: so now i have to order another kit from sydney for 1 fucking steel sleeve. I cant even get a fan belt without having to order it in. My next car is going to be something common like a silvia or skyline
end rant

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Thats why I own more than one.....yeah the MX6 probably is a bit harder to get parts than some other cars, but main stream ones aren't guaranteed to not give you this hassle either.

I think I have had at least two registered cars for the last 15 years.....

It just takes the heat off doing any work. Like today for instance, I blew the clutch MC....so I unbolted it and took it down to get re bored and seals replaced, in the other car on the way to work. I cant remember the number of times I have gotten out of a jam that way...no more working on the car until 1am monday morning like I used to do.

Until recently the second car has been a barely registerable POS. It helps for it to bear some relation to a car you own or know something about so as to keep it on the road for cheap.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have thought about getting a beater but i know it will just become another project :p Cars who needs em

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Maybe you should just move out of woop woop :)?

Buy a commodore :)?

I dont find getting parts for our cars that hard at all. Mazda 626 being as common as it is. More common then a Silvia or Skyline I would say. Aftermarket is different story obviously, but keeping it on the road isnt too bad :).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I find any car other than a falcon or commodore is probably hard to get parts for, I have a celica with a crappy camry engine yet I always have to order parts, super cheap doesn't even have the fuel filter for one haha.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Welcome to todays world

Unless it is mainstream no one keeps part on shelf

Back in the day when lasers and telstars were the norm. parts were on shelf but as so many have found with the 90's and 00's attitude being I'll buy a new one no one stocks large numbers of spares anymore.

Even Holden and Ford don't hold large stocks at dealerships for any car older then 5 years.
It's common practice.

I remember back in about 95-98 you could get alot of 626 parts GC,GD&GE.

Nolothane parts as an example I still have to wait to order from repco or any of the providers.
I waited 2 weeks for Bosch 02 sensor.
Dont think a silvia or skyline is any better either.
The worse part with them is, not everyone wants to know about them
I get cataloges for say Kelpro engine mounts.

Just for the GD - you have 5 different rear gearboxmount plus the STATION WAGON GV adds another 3 - YES because you have 2 different manual ones and one auto. But it's not lsited with the other GD one's
Even then after ordering it with right number you might get the wrong one. I have 4 times.

Unfortunatly you do have to think of murphys laws

I do have more then one car but it's not always easy sometimes My backup cars are in use. Or more then one is in the shop

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to todays world

Unless it is mainstream no one keeps part on shelf

Back in the day when lasers and telstars were the norm. parts were on shelf but as so many have found with the 90's and 00's attitude being I'll buy a new one no one stocks large numbers of spares anymore.

Even Holden and Ford don't hold large stocks at dealerships for any car older then 5 years.
It's common practice.

I remember back in about 95-98 you could get alot of 626 parts GC,GD&GE.

Nolothane parts as an example I still have to wait to order from repco or any of the providers.
I waited 2 weeks for Bosch 02 sensor.
Dont think a silvia or skyline is any better either.
The worse part with them is, not everyone wants to know about them
I get cataloges for say Kelpro engine mounts.

Just for the GD - you have 5 different rear gearboxmount plus the STATION WAGON GV adds another 3 - YES because you have 2 different manual ones and one auto. But it's not lsited with the other GD one's
Even then after ordering it with right number you might get the wrong one. I have 4 times.

Unfortunatly you do have to think of murphys laws

I do have more then one car but it's not always easy sometimes My backup cars are in use. Or more then one is in the shop
I know what youmean with mounts i needed the gearbox mount right in the bottom cross member but is wasnt listed so i had to go through the back pages looking for a mazda or ford mount that looked right, thankfully i got the right one

·
Registered
892 Posts
spend 500 on a lathe and start making your own parts.

Or borrow someone elses tools and make your own lathe to make your own parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
ive never found it that hard to find parts, first ask for the part from mx6, if ur met with a puzzled look say mazda 626 or ford telstar n ur sweet. hell even if its the 4ws jus say tx5 n ull double ur chances.

i love not having a mainstream car, i could never buy a falcodore or even a silvia or skyline, coz in my group of friends, there will be at least 3 of each type of car mentioned above. but i def wudnt go past a toyota supra TT, an aristo or chaser, or rx7, they're rare enuff for me haha.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I've never actually owned a mainstream car. Even when I owned a Laser (oh dear) it was an oddball Wagon. Oddball cars are a little more work but they're worth it. I'd die of boredom in a Falcowhore, surrounded by car parks of similar cars.... (Sounds like the Telstra carpark. Everyone has a bloody Falcon or Commodore.)

Edit. Damn, heatercore blew in South Melbourne, and I had to get my car towed home. Falcowhores have to be more reliable than my bloody car!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fortunately for me im still in the development stage so im still using stock standard parts that iv picked up from the wreckers and what not. But i dont want to think about when the time comes for an upgrade or two because not only are parts quite expensive but i had to wait 2 weeks for a fuel filter at supercheap and it never came they said that itd be another 2 weeks or something so i just gave up. Ill find one somewhere no doubt.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be nice if there was a goo wrekers around here but i think i would be flat out finding anything for a GD mx6/626 let alone a 2nd gen GE

·
Registered
433 Posts
id rather have to hunt around for parts/ pay through the ass for parts, than own a skyline or something everyone else has.

·
Registered
619 Posts
id rather have to hunt around for parts/ pay through the ass for parts, than own a skyline or something everyone else has.
This is why i want to do up my GE hatch. Dont see any done up in my area at all. JUst a lot of Falcons/Commodores/WRX'x/LAncers etc...

Tho i do have a soft spot for falcons :cool:

Used to own a 65 mini as well...parts for those were so much easier to get ahold of. Plan in having another in the future, but for now i'll stick with the mazda.

·
Registered
619 Posts
oops. quoted the wrong person :S I meant this one {quote} I've never actually owned a mainstream car. Even when I owned a Laser (oh dear) it was an oddball Wagon. Oddball cars are a little more work but they're worth it. I'd die of boredom in a Falcowhore, surrounded by car parks of similar cars.... (Sounds like the Telstra carpark. Everyone has a bloody Falcon or Commodore.)
[/quote]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts