Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my original ignition wires blew out, and like a dumbass I got OEM replacement ones, and now they're giving me trouble too. The middle wire on the front bank doesn't seem to be making contact with the spark plug because I don't know what. I've tried pushing and shoving it down there, and I keep hearing a metallic click, but it still doesn't work. I've had this problem before with these wires and I just drove around on 5 cylinders for a week and it seemed to fix itself. Now it's happened again and I'm tired of it. What can I do? I've been thinking about getting some aftermarket wires in white but they all cost $150 and I don't want to spend that kind of money. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Are you referring to the blue NGK wires you buy at your Mazda dealer? That's what I have on my 95 LS and I haven't had a bit of trouble out of them at either the 60K plug replacement or the 90K replacement (the wires were purchased at 55K).

Have you compared the length of the black part of the troubled wire against one of the others to see if they're the same? Also check to see that the screw-on part of the plug is still there. Maybe it came loose and won't allow the wire to plug on.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I JUST GOT BLUE NGK's FROM NOPI FOR 58 BUCKS. THEY'RE THICKER, NICER, AND BETTER BUILT THAN WHAT THE DEALER GAVE ME A YEAR AGO. GO FOR THOSE.HERE: http://www.nopionline.com/parts.asp
GOOD LUCK. GET PLUGS AT THE SAME TIME. THEY GAVE ME NGK's FOR $2.14 EACH!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know whether NGK makes their plugs in white? Because white is my engine color scheme. I guess blue and white would look ok.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The NGK wires that come with the car only come in blue. Unfortunately NGK does not have them in different colors. As far as the brand of wire, many people have bought the more expensive and supposedly better Magnecore (?spelling?) wires and have had nothing but problems with them. Then, upon returning to NGKs, the engine got a lot happier. I have had no problems at all with my NGK wires since I got the replacements after 60K miles. If you think the wire is messed up, take it out, look at it and see if it's strcturally intact. meaning, if you see that the rubber boot is falling off, then I would replace them. I would recomend NGK wires to anyone with a KL engine. I really don't know what could be causing the problem you are having.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts