Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to by a six for $1000 but it needs a new engine it is a ls v6 5 speed and that it wat i want and i wanted to kno where i can buy a klze because the website i found is out of them and it is only $700 but the kfze is $500 and it is not sole out what is the kfze and what is up with it unless u can halp me find a cheap klze.

XO help meXO

·
Registered
111 Posts
hey man if you're in md go to noyan usa. it is in manassass va, they got a crapload of klze's you just gotta pick one thats not out of eunos 800(jdm millenia), you want the long and straight intake manifold from the jdm mx6 and the ms8 just to make the swap easier. depending on where in md you are, like if you're in the dc metro area then they might deliver for free. let me know when you get it, i'm planning on doing a swap myself, i already have the je50 air meter and the jspec ecu.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I got my KLZE shipped to my door for under 1100.
A KFZE should fit in there fine if you get the proper ECU to control it. Same block config. so it should bolt in. Tranny will bolt up. I'd go KLZE myself since youll miss the power.

·
Registered
703 Posts
ummmm, no, if you have an LS [which is the v6], do not get the KFZE. i might be wrong, but im 99.9% sure that the kfze is the j-spec 4 cylinder. if you are on a budget already, you dont wanna spend the money on trying to put a 4 cylinder in your 6. you will need new tranny, new ecu, and prob some wiring done, not to mention the motor mounts are prob totally different.

wait till you find a KLZE, or as silent said you can go to noyan, i have searched there before, its ok, and you live close, so its even better :)

chris

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
All K series engines are V6. From the 1.8, 2.0 (which is the KF) to the KL series.

It is a direct swap for any other K series engined Mazda automobile, meaning from Mystere, Precidia, Millenia to the Mantis.

But you don't want a KF-ZE. Save the extra few hundred and get a KL engine since that extra .5 liter of displacement makes the engines very different in driving characteristics.

A cheaper price might persuade you but you will regret the decision afterwards. The price difference is under $300 and you get a nearly 30 hp increase. So at about $10 per HP, I'd hit that. Oh and remember the average HP costs around $100.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Go with the KL-ZE, flashoptions.com sell them for $500 :tup:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Don’t put a KFZE in a MX6. .they just don’t have enough power to push such a big car around.. they are weak and difficult to drive (you have to drop gears to overtake etc)
I just pulled one out of a car because it is so crappy...
They would be ok in a smaller car like the MX3.. but even than why wouldn’t you go for the KLZE..

·
Registered
320 Posts
parisifal said:
All K series engines are V6. From the 1.8, 2.0 (which is the KF) to the KL series.

It is a direct swap for any other K series engined Mazda automobile, meaning from Mystere, Precidia, Millenia to the Mantis.

But you don't want a KF-ZE. Save the extra few hundred and get a KL engine since that extra .5 liter of displacement makes the engines very different in driving characteristics.

A cheaper price might persuade you but you will regret the decision afterwards. The price difference is under $300 and you get a nearly 30 hp increase. So at about $10 per HP, I'd hit that. Oh and remember the average HP costs around $100.

what he said.

The KF-ZE is a 2.0L 170HP V6. Makes 146 lb-ft of torque, and that's why it's highly undesirable for the MX-6. The KL-DE engine that's in your car now makes 160ish HP, but also 160ish lb-ft of torque. Those extra 15 lbs go a long way towards making the car better to drive. Moverover, the KL is less "peaky" meaning its torque curve is broader.

Buy the KL-ZE and make back your 300 dollars by selling parts from the original engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah the KFZE works but it sucks. I have one cause im an lazy and thats all i could get in the time i needed it. Like Mr. MX6 said you do have to drop gears and it sucks. You will regret getting this engine. I speak from experience.

·
Registered
703 Posts
parisifal said:

^^ what he said, i spoke too fast, i was thinking of the FSZE [thats what i get for just scanning], but parisifal is right

chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts