Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have did a fs01 swap to a JDM FS-02 swap from a mazda 626. I thought the motor before was called a FS-FE. But i was wrong u guys were right. THe only thing you guys were wrong about that they have the same specs but they dont. This motor i have i killed a V6 probe with a exhaust.Thats all he told me he had. i killed him bad and then i raced a gsr with a AEM ram air intake witch is friend of mine and we race all the time. but he always end up getting in front of me on forth gear thats it. My car is completely stock all i have is a k&N filter. My old motor couldnt even keep up with a V6 probe MTX. ANd last time race my friends acura GSR he dogged me from start to finish. This swap is defenantle well worth it. THis car has a lot mor torque than the stock 1. And i kill a honda civic VTeck single cam with intake exahust and headers and killed him to. BUt my car is still tock i wll keep you guys up to date. Call me if u have any questions my number is 215-495-2241.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
V6 probe with a exhaust = if he was an ATX maybe

acura GSR = if he had a fake GSR maybe

honda civic VTeck (that's VTEC) single cam with intake exahust and headers = not exactly impressive, like beating a moped

We've been through this before on the other thread. Just because you think it's faster and you happen to beat a few cars doesn't mean it's any faster; more than likely those cars were just slower than you thought. The only way to know is to dyno your car. I might not know it all but consider my self one of the "experts" on this subject and I will tell you that no FS-03 ever made more than 120hp in any trim in any country before 1997.

Though the FS series in the protege made more power, they are neither the FS-ZE nor FS-03 but a hybrid of the two.

There is a .0000001% chance that you might have one of the few developmental motors in between the FS-03 and FS-ZE (around Sept 96) that was built with higher compression than the 03. Of course considering they never put it into a production car less alone some lowly I4 626. But who knows, you could be the one.

And the thing is...HOW IS THAT motor from a626 a JSPEC???? Was it a right hand drive 626 that you personally picked up from a junk yard? I still don't understand where you can think you got a motor from a "JDM" 626???? If you lived in Canada I would give you the benefit of the doubt since JSPEC 626 does exist in rare instances, but you don't.

Where is this magical halo junkyard with JSPEC cars laying around? And if you say that your "friend" told you it came from a JSPEC 626 than he/she is as believable as Garfield when asked where the lasagna go! Again if you said someone imported an Mx6 and you got the motor when it was chopped by customs I would agree....but a 626?????

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
either dyno it or run it down a track and post some hard numbers.

I'm still betting its just a cookie cutter FS, no better than stock, and it replaced a tired motor with worn clutch. :shrug:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goatcrapp said:
either dyno it or run it down a track and post some hard numbers.

I'm still betting its just a cookie cutter FS, no better than stock, and it replaced a tired motor wihttpth worn clutch. :shrug:
SINCE I CANT POST PICS YET HERES MY SCREEN name so u guys can see them corradoracer423

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
see them where? :shrug: :) :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
you're adding too many http's in the links - just fyi.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
i am confused at to what motor he is talking about. the 4 cyl better than a v6? and what are all these links that lead me to microsoft.com? this is getting st00poid. plus if that pic is on some account you have with a site i doubt anyone you give the URL to will be able to view it. IMAGESHACK - love it hate it, but use it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.