Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all are honda haters.. and frankly most of you dont know that much about hondas. If you hate honda's so much that you can't appreciate a modified one STOP READING NOW!

Well the people that know me.. know i had a slow civic back in the day that i wrecked :cry:

Well i finally built something else that is ... well.... another civic. Uglier.. hopefully faster.

It started life as a lowly DX (DPFI 5spd) 60 hp car.

Its been sitting in my yard for a while with plans to drop a type R motor into it, but i had to scratch those plans when the type R got blown up in another car. The new plan was to build a new motor. From some parts i had laying around.. and spending a teeny bit of cash .. I managed to throw together a decent motor. The next problem became motor mounts. I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought some decent mounts (they cost more than the car). With everything i needed... let the swapping begin.

The first drive!!!!!! :D

So far the car hasnt been a dissappointment, but i got the need for speed.. so i got some bigger cams (i now need better valvesprings), higher compression pistons (forged rods), and a nitrous kit. After christmas i will probably start tearing it apart to put the new parts in.

If any of you 6'ers wanna come and play around.. I'm game! I haven't been able to find a turbo mx6 to play around with at all since i retired mine. :ewink:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
thats my beater car!!!! well not really, but they look the same. except you have a passenger side mirror. i'm jealous. lol i'm jealous of the motor too!! don't waste your time with cams.. just turbo that biatch!!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aussomea said:
thats my beater car!!!! well not really, but they look the same. except you have a passenger side mirror. i'm jealous. lol i'm jealous of the motor too!! don't waste your time with cams.. just turbo that biatch!!
All motor/nitrous cars are nearly impossible to beat on the street. I have serious traction problems right now, if i were to turbo it.. i would need to drive around on slicks to even have a hope of doing anything.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've always loved the EF's. As odd as it sounds, I'd love to have a 4 dr with a ZC and some FI. :tup:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
rcoolb2002 said:
All motor/nitrous cars are nearly impossible to beat on the street.
you mean in a race? or in streetability???

if you mean in a race, their must not be many fast cars in MD. if you mean streetability, i can understand that, but its not like you'd be in the boost all the time..

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aussomea said:
you mean in a race? or in streetability???

if you mean in a race, their must not be many fast cars in MD. if you mean streetability, i can understand that, but its not like you'd be in the boost all the time..
No i mean in a race. I guess it depends on what you consider fast. Im talking 11 second and faster cars.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
rcoolb2002 said:
No i mean in a race. I guess it depends on what you consider fast. Im talking 11 second and faster cars.
you're planning to run 11's?? damn. We've got a guy in a honda around here who keeps telling everyone his car is an 11 second car.. his has the potential.. it just needs a better driver and a better tune. lol. his best in the car is a 13 something, lol. he shouldn't have even run the car that day though, the motors built to be shifted around 9k, and he had his rev limiter set to 7k.

Around here most of the "fast" cars are more highway monsters, than track cars. There are a couple civic/del sols running high 11's trapping ~120, an integra that runs 13's but traps 125+, an SRT that runs high 12's but traps 125+, and about a half dozen MKIV Supras running 12's trapping between 113 and 132 lol, there are a couple evos.. brandons ran an 11.8 @ 113, and chris' ran a 10.9 @ i forget i think it was around 130 though(chris sold his car to someone in california or somewhere though). Of course thats not all the fast cars in Cincy, those are just the guys I hang out with, but that should give you an idea of what i consider fast.

I would definitely consider an 11 second N/A honda fast!! Good luck man, I want to see all your progress :) and time slips in the spring :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
How much power are you going to be making with that thing? An acquaintance of mine (friend of a friend) Has a civic hatch - B18c - turboed with all sorts of crap. It puts out some insane amount of power, I was told somewhere in the high 500 to low 600 range that runs mid 10's. That's on slicks of course. Riding in that thing is crazy to say the least! Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
jiffy6969 said:
Nice work.

We'll see about them 11s (with no turbo), I'd like to see that car do it without removing the body panels.
It wont run 11s with no turbo. Highly unlikely. Maybe if he fully builds it, and runs an insane amount of nitrous...MAYBE, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Chrissmazdamx6 said:
It wont run 11s with no turbo. Highly unlikely. Maybe if he fully builds it, and runs an insane amount of nitrous...MAYBE, but I doubt it.
I won't believe it till he shows proof.. (i.e. a timeslip next spring). It is however possible. Like I said, I know someone who should be in the 11's or at least damn close N/A. If he were to add nitrous to the mix, then it would be a sure thing. There aren't a lot of honda's running 11's N/A but their are a few, if he knows what he's doing and hes a good driver, he can be one of them.

Good luck..

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
....that was kind of my point...it probably is POSSIBLE to get that car into the 11s N/A, but doubtful.

UNLESS, he is an Engine Expert, and/or drops insane amounts of money into it....and/or it gets converted into a shell, and maybe even looses some body panels...LOL.

But from what I understand, Honda parts are basically either free, or DIRT cheap (this is sarcasm....LOL).

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
All I have to say is, that is one ugly car, but if you have it runnin 11's, ultimate sleeper!!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont expect the car to run 11's N/A. It will be on the bottle.

XxaltezzaxX said:
My best friend has the same civic (blue) but he has a jspec b16 in it and i love it, makes me want to build one myself. You have an lsd tranny in it?
Yeah

You guys might not understand most of this but here is what the motor is

b18a1 block
b16a ported & polished head w/3 angle race valve job & milled .030
Comp valvesprings/ITR retainers
comp stage 2 cam (roughly the same as a JUN stage 3)
stock crank & rods
honda p30 pistons (roughly 12.5:1 compression with my setup)
ITR intake manifold port matched and TB port matched
STR 70mm throttle body
ITR LSD tranny
AEM fuel rail/ FPR
Unorthodox lightweight underdrive pulleys
ACT pro-lite 7lb flywheel
Excedy carbon street disc.
Boomslang obd1 conversion
ARP headstuds, main studs, and rodbolts
ITR oil cooler assmbly
Crome engine management

Should be in the high-mid 12's on slicks right now. I cant catch any traction really until 50-60mph.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
joyboyGT said:
any estimates on power yet? how much does it weigh? Sleeper for sure.
I'm hoping for around 190ish at the wheels on the motor. I havent weighed the car yet, but it should be around 2100 with me in it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn thats pretty fast for an n/a. I dont see too many n/a guys around here, so I didnt know the potential until I saw this thread. I mean I knew it was possible, but I didnt know that it wasnt that hard to build. And I forget how light those hatches are.

What kinda dinero would it take to buy that engine/parts? Your making me wana get a hatch now for a side project so I can learn about Hondas. Let me know man, you got me excited lol.

Edit: Im just gona copy paste youre setup and save it on my comp lol. Wish I knew what some of that stuff meant. Time to hit up the honda forums to do some research lol.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
With the right knowledge there can be some amazing things that come from n/a hondas that some people never thought were possible...i got a buddy who can take a honda and a few parts and have a low 14 second car just by using stock parts from other hondas...luckily hes one of those 4cylinder Basic drivers so to his advantage on the street and on the track he can get away with a modded engine even tho it looks stock..he took 2nd place at our local track..
that engine looks purdy!!! theres a guy who works at a local bestbuy using a b18a block with the b16 head in his newer civic si..he said something about getting it sleeved and running something like 30 or so psi..i dont know if he was Bullshitting me or what but it sounded insane

1 - 20 of 22 Posts