Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well thats it, ive lost what ever respect i had left for the victorian police force.

without going into too much detail (for my own safety i guess) basically a copper keyed my mx6's bonnet, passenger side, and rear.. really deep and in one continuous motion.

i hate it how they have to make it an us VS them situation, i thought they are meant to work with the public.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Sounds very kind of them. Is there any reason why you cant report the cop involved.

I have been stuck at home all weekend because of them. There is a major blitz this weekend with all turbo cars being pulled over and sent to queensland transport for a full inspect. I just dont want the hassle of having to go there for a few hours and the possibity of getting a defect for something.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i dont have the copper's details.

also, i shouldnt have been where i was at the time. My car wouldnt start at a critical moment, so i left it where it was for a half hour or so.

my car shouldnt really be on the road, and he couldnt fine me because he didnt witness me driving it.. so instead he took his own punishment out on it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
wow, thats fcuked dude, i have never heard of that happening. There has got to be some retribution out of that crap. Can you add more details, bit more background.

Shaun.

p.s. as respect has never been established, i cant lose it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've heard similar incidents happening - cops cant get a car legitimately, so they do a dodgy. Stupid pricks. BUT, I should add, I'm sure there are nice cops. Just coz I'VE never met one doesnt mean they dont exists.......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm with NWA on this F**K the police.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd like to say that its traffic cops that I have a problem with. After all we need cops to protect us from murderers and theives and Michael Jackson, and I have met some really nice, decent cops so overall I have respect for them.

Having said that, I have never met or heard of a traffic cop showing even a little respect to a driver of a hot/modified car, especially younger drivers. They treat us like dirt, it's totally messed up. I'd like to say XsKaPe that was the act of an individual cop and we shouldn't hate all of them for what he did, but cops if you ever read this (cause I know the bastards scan forums) you guys need to learn some respect for a legitimate and harmless sub-culture.

Me and some mates were chilling at Westall Shell (where the draggers used to meet) and a f***ed up cop said for us to get lost, that they would canary our cars if we didn't move on. We had just come out from buying something and weren't even in our cars. It was cause we were a group of young guys. He was so rude about it too, no respect, like he was on a power trip and could tell us to do whatever he wanted cause he had a badge and a fancy late model SS. I would have told him to get f*cked but my friends talked me out of it.

We should be the ones keying their cars.

F*CK YOU TRAFFIC COPS!

Ok I've vented now.

G

·
just get his police license number and bust his ass, they have to give it if you ask. cops are just as bad in NSW.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
u know what really pisses me off...cars that have those gay ass stickers saying:
"cops are tops"

that really annoys me...i dont know why but it REALLY gets to me!! i always end up maiing sure i boost it right next to their window. ive strained some neck muscles in my day :)

PSSHHHTTTTT

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've met my share of pain in the butt cops "turn your fog lights off or I'll indight you' etc, however I have also had my share of good experiences.

eg

I was cruising around, just off my P's in the NT, cruising down a nice long straight left hander at 120 (60 zone) -had plenty of visibility, however the unmarked cop car coming the other way was a surprise.

Quick Uturn for the police, christmas lights, the whole show. The cop booked me and said that he should send me to court for doubling the speedlimit, however he knew I was worried and understood I knew I was doing the wrong thing and booked me for doing $90. Find and a smack.

eg2

I was driving unlicenced (I was 14), took a corner poorly (hey, I didn't know how to drive). Police pulled me over, prompted me for a licence. When I didn't produce, they drove me home and let my parents take care of the discipline.

They're not all bad, however they're not all good. Be wary of overgeneralising.

In your case excape, sounds like a rough run, but by the sounds of things theres more to your story than you're letting on.

Cheers,

Jasonius

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, theres more to the story.. if you read my post in the starter motor thread you will understand..

it doesnt matter what i was doing, the officer commited criminal damage.

i didnt witness the actual event, if you were there (like blind_freddie was) then you also would know it was the officer.

it turns out that i am not the only victim of the officer too.. another person left his car around the corner after blowing a drive shaft and he got vandalised also, but a few weeks ago. theres been other suspicious stories too.

i dont really want to talk about what happened, and im not looking for sympathy. i just want to let you guys know what happens.

I knew there would be many who would say "oh you didnt witness him".. its like seeing a van full of men wearing balaclavas speed away from a bank robbery when police come and saying they are innocent because you dont have evidence.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was out last friday night in my Rex, had a mate with me. Anyways I boost out of a round about to the limit when I see the read and blue come on in my rear view mirror. I pull over and see 4 coppers get out of a wagon. 1 comes to the window to talk to me whilst the other 3 start inspecting my car with torches.

I swear they were looking for anything to have a go at me about. The copper that was talking to me though was a pretty decent bloke. He said "There have been reports of people doing burnouts in the area", I kindly let the copper know that Im driving an AWD vehicle and for me to lay down some rubber something would have to break first. He seemed convinced with that and let me go.

I guess Im yet to have a bad experience with a copper, but some of them really don't make it easy to co-operate. :confused:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
homestly...once again we are hearing about coppas in victoria doing ****ed up things. i rarely hear these things happening anywhere else but VIC...

Xscape, surely if u have another person that this happened to, report the officer u suspect, it couldnt hurt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts