Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is my mani and turbo after a trip to walmart(which is 5 miles away) i stop to get food and sat there and idled. now i was idling for like 10 mins. i have seen my mani glow but never like that.

i started having problems with the probe last saturday. i went out friday night trying to get my fiends Gtech thing to work for my car and in the middle of shifting from 3rd to 4th the car sputted on me some what and then picked up. nothin else happen that night but then i saw that i had some radiator problems and had to switch a new one in there.

the car sat for 2 days till i got it back on the road. and when i started driving it again it was sputting some again nothin bigg i thought it was just the cold(i live in pa and it like 30 out). so i got on it and it boosted to 15psi no problem but it felt like it didnt have that prower that it had before. any clue one if i blow something with the turbo again?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I say a bad injector causing a lean condition

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
long shot but...

retarded ignition timing will also raise your egt's

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would think tht it might have something to do with my coolant. becuz i had to change my radiator cuz it cracked. so i think that there is something blocking some were. so i will chaeck my line tomrrow. and if its not that i will look into my fuel. i havent added anything to the fuel. so i will check the injectors.... i need this one to last some what longer...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Colder air = denser air

Denser air = higher combustion pressure

Higher combustion pressure (without adjusting fueling or timing) = hotter combustion temperature

Hotter combustion temperature = higher EGT

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
But as stated the ECU should comprenste for any increase in air density.

I think that with more driving in the cold temps that the ECU should correct the situation.

Remember that during the first few minutes or so of running that the ECU does not trim fuel according to the O2 sensor.
Because the sensor is not up to temp yet.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mx you kinda have a point cuz i didnt have any problems when it was chilly out. but then once it droped in temp out side i started having this problem. ill have to fix my timing back to stock and see what i get out of it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
your timing isn't stock? What did you do to it?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
When you drove to walmart, were you WFO ??

Looks normal to me.
I've driven my HARD before, and it's never gotten that red hot where the whole manifold is glowing :lol:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the thing is that before i have driven it hard plenty and its been red right were the mani and turbo come together but never hot enough that the whole hot side and the mani glowing cherry red.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts