Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got it today and it is called "Mazda Fast moving parts guide). It has most important part number for engine parts, suspension, electrical (engine), drivtrain, fuel delivery, brakes, cooling, etc. It has all of the vehicles that Mazda made during those years. I think the book is sweet.

After looking in the book, under the suspension and steering section, it has different part numbers for the same part. The difference is that one is Japan made and the other is US made. J-spec struts?

Front Left Strut (1990 MX-6 GT)

GN64-34-900A Japan, 2WS MX-6
KA67-34-900A USA, 2WS MX-6

the 626s had different ones altogether.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Cool. Where'd you get this book? Oh and I dont think they mean J-spec. I think they're just referring to cars that are made in japan or the USA. At least thats what I've noticed when buying parts at pep boys. Some of the parts are different for japanese made 626's. I dont know why though.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there isn't any difference in the parts. The first four #s identify the origin of the part and the last six identify the part itself.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the book off eBay for $5 (although with some other manuals). I think it was $5 well spent, being that the book was never opened. The other cool thing about the book is that it tells you where your car was made by VIN

My VIN is: JM1GD2225K1717665

chop off the JM1 and you get the chassis number and model
The GD is model number, designating the MX6/626 platform. The 2225K1717665 is the chassis number which tells you where the car was assembled, engine type, body style what number built. Mine was made in Japan, 4 door, N/A, vehicle number 17,665. Its unfortunate that it isn't as detailed as what most american car companies give though.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Actually the parts can be different depending on Vin #. The tie rod ends are a good example of this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts