Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my car back after 2 weeks. The exhaust manifold gasket was changed and the slave cylinder was replaced. Now I got my car and it runs like shit onces I get to about 3500rpm, u can real it start to hesitate. Mind you it hasn't been run for 2 weeks. So I noticed I had a couple bad plug wires so I replaced them. When I start my engine it goes up to 900-1000rpm and goes right back down and turns off. I've run it and tried to drive it and it still does this after a couple hours. What the heck could this be?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds to me like you've got yourself a vaccum leak. Check all your hose connections and vaccum lines. Most likely it's your intercooler hoses not tight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just fixed the problem before I read this post gtn12s but you were EXACTLY right with what the problem was. The big rubber boot that goes to the back intercooler pipes behind the head was clamped incorrectly and half on. Also during that same set of piping there was a rubber hoes over another hose that wasn't even clamped so i clamped that and the car runs better than ever now!!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Have any of you guys had the vacuum totally blow? its not pretty.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yep, had a hose go out on my girls MX6 GT. See, we buy this beat up 92 GT for her to beat on and for me to get parts out of :; , anyways... after a complete tune up - this included changed the MTX tranny fluid so all the hoses were out and everything. Anyways, she pulls out the driveway, starts to step on it and really accelerate... she gets about 2 houses down and BOOM! Man, you can hear it!!! Now I was not 100% sure if it was her or a truck coming down the street or something, and there was no smoke or anything. She continues on over the hill. About 5 min later she comes running over the hill and through the neighbors yards. She has this really forlorn look on her face. She is saying, did you hear that??? It went boom and it just stopped! It will not even start now... what did I do, did I just blow it up?!? ect ect ect... I played along, hung my head low and said, "Do you treat all your cars this way?" Anyways, I go get my phillips, and head on down the street with her. Over the hill the car is sitting there with the flashers on... I tell her to watch for traffic, I get under the car and put back on the intercooler - TB hose. Tell her to give it a try and vroom... starts right up. Tell her to be more careful next time... heheh Oh and before I let her go I made sure she had a cell phone, I knew she was going to be calling me since I never tightened up the one hose... on purpose! :) Anyways, that’s my story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts