Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and he killed my car.

This came from hitting a fawn at about 65 mph. Pretty crazy that he hit dead center, huh? He was actually in mid bound (prancing gracefully through the forest and obviously needing to cross the road) so that's why it messed up the hood and grill but not the bumper or anything else.

http://www.oit.edu/students/espelunl_images/DCP_0490.JPG

And then of course as I was using a mallot to bend out the dent so I could shut the hood properly, I noticed a bulge in the drivers side tire (visible in the pic) luckily the tire place gave me a similar used replacement for free. Les Schwab kicks ass.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
That doesn't look too bad. From the looks of it, there's no deer parts left over on it either :tup:. Unless you already cleaned it off...

·
Registered
242 Posts
is that splattered blood on the black trim or red paint. Nice job on bambi what am i going to tell the kids....Oh wait i dont have any
lol

Jimmy

I bet thats costin ya.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
:mad: i hate freakin deer!! i hit one with the mx once also. god damn dumb animals. after 5 years of driving in deer infested parts on michigan, i hit my first deer with the nicest car i ever owned. pissed me right off.

glad your ok tho. im sure thats fixable. get that puppy back on the road kicking some honda ass!! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
mmmmmm, venison!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
around here deer tends to get hit at 70+ by TRactor TRailers. Talking about an explosive sistuation.

SolarSlash: Ohh! Ohh! Ohh! Where do I go to become a boob and nipple inspector??!??! Let me become your apprentice :jump:

G

·
That sucks dude. But your deer prancing gracefully through the woods gave me a laugh.

Looks like you only need a new hood, and maybe a new latch. Is your insurance going to cover this??

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Thats what my car looked like when I was hit. Except my bumper was pushed in to match where the hood is.

Shouldnt be anything to fix, just a new hood and paint.

Good luck................not so good luck to Bambi:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I unfortuanetely have no comprehensive insurance and I am a broke college student, so fixing it is not an option at this point. And I think that by the time it becomes an option I will be wanting to buy a newer car (maybe a second gen 6) anyway. Fortuanetely the car still runs and after some mallot work the hood latches. My biggest issue is that it looks white trash, I hate that.

Surprisingly there was very little blood/hair on the vehicle. But I saw blood spray when I hit it. It has rained since and washed most everything off, the red on the trim is just part of the already horible paint job.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
unkiedave said:
around here deer tends to get hit at 70+ by TRactor TRailers. Talking about an explosive sistuation.

SolarSlash: Ohh! Ohh! Ohh! Where do I go to become a boob and nipple inspector??!??! Let me become your apprentice :jump:
my young son...i will teach you the way. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts