Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to turbo my LX definately with the F2t setup, I know i need the turbo , fmic, downpipe, piping, exhaust manifold, and i also know that a GT tranny is probably a good thing too, so basically am i missing anything and how long will it take b/c a person on my team is going to do it for me that works with all kinds of FI.

Please bear with me im too lazy to look in the archives and read what others asked.

Peter

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2900 bucks thats more than my f*cking car was, thanx for looking but thats a lot of doe, i want a used turbo setup from a 1g 6

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If im not mistaken you cant use a non-gt intake manifold or can you but then air would not go in the engine, and is the gt's turbo oil cooled b/c you would need oil lines and a resivore

G

·
CKYPETER said:
If im not mistaken you cant use a non-gt intake manifold or can you but then air would not go in the engine, and is the gt's turbo oil cooled b/c you would need oil lines and a resivore
Ok, heres the full deal.

Yes, you can put the turbocharger on your LX. It will bolt right up. Here is what you need.

• GT Exhaust manifold
  • GT turbocharger
  • All GT intake pipes, from the VAF to the throttle body.
  • GT Bypass Valve
  • GT Intercooler
  • Some metal line to create an oil return.
  • Bulk coolant line to create coolant feed and return.

Now the install is rather straightfoward, there is no oil "reservior" for the turbo, you just tap directly from the oil pressure sensor and run it to the turbo, and weld a bung into the oil pan for the return line.

The coolant line can be tapped off the same location as the GT, or you could tap it off thermostat housing.

Once you have this done, you present yourself with the problem of fuel control. The 210cc LX injectors are not big enough to keep the a/f ratio on the rich side even on stock boost, not to mention that the LX engine is running significantly higher compression. The 330cc GT injectors will not work because the LX ecu will cause them to flood the cylinders.

So, your on your own on doing that, and to do it right will cost you more money than dropping a GT motor into the LX itself would.

88MX6LX did this, and a few months later is car died. I don't think he's gotten it running yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.