Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on 58 going to Bakersifed. Just criusing along at like two in the morning (coming back from a party, kinda drunk) and out of nowhere this Civic with a kit and what looked like a tanabe exhaust comes flying up beside me. He fell back behind me and flashed his lights so I was like f*ck it I'll kick his ass before I go home. I got in the other lane beside him and we took off. I emmediately jump out to a 4 car length lead and held that till we hit about 115. I was really surprised he kept up. I slowed down and he blew past me. I come over the next his and see emergency lights so I stop. It's the guy I raced. When I asked him whats wrong he said he was trying a some new jets on his NOS kit when he raced me. The guy couldn't even win with a 75 shot of NOS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA MAZDA'S RULE!!!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
hey zero kool love to chat what is your im name got some questions

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I don't have IM, I'm on a government computer and all that stuff gets blocked by the firewall. Shoot me an Email anytime though, I get really bored at work so all I do is surf the net.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, got around the firewall, I now have yahoo messenger. Damn I good.:D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
hey zero cool... anytime in the future you are trying to get around the firewall at any NT machine look for a file called junk or a file called Temporary Files and download to your hearts content.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work at the Network Control Center here on base. I just gave myself a separate IP address instead of using the proxy server and used a port my friend in Information Protection uses to do firewall checks. Now I can download audiogalaxy to my desk.:E

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
that's too difficult for a laymen and i did not realize you were not... but if it works then go for it. When I'm on campus at my college (Texas A&M) the firewall is easy to get around doing what i said. You could also telnet into a private address and go from there or telnet ontot he other side of the firewall after you do a traceroute and download. Firewalls are just stop thise who are not inventive!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our Sidewinder wirewall can be a b*tch to get around. But we are told to try and hack it so that we know where it is vulnerable. I get to have a lot of fun doing illegal stuff at work and having them tell me good job!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
what sucks is when you have a packet shaper :( then they can limit individual bandwidth - so if someone has their eye on u for lets say.. audiogalaxy they just cut your http bandwidth to 1k haha so while you still have access - its too slow to be worth anything.

you can get around this by changing your computer name and IP but like i said - if they are looking specifically for that type of traffic, it will be very short notice before they cut you again.

but then again I'm in IT so it doesnt apply to me haha.

but any other IT people out there - defintiely look at packeteer packet shapers.. definitely one of the coolest products ive seen for controlling internal and external traffic. it goes in right in front of the firewall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts