Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you people think that $1800 is a good price for an '89 MX-6 GT with 117,000 miles? I'm thinking of buying a second one!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Unless something is very wrong with the car, that sounds like a great price. If you don't take it, I might!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I saw it tonight at the hardware store. It looked awesome even up close - very shiny and nice interior, and it had dealer plates. I waited around in the entranceway of the store until I saw a guy walk out towards the car. I went up to him and said "I like your car you've got there" and told him I had one just like it (and I pointed to mine across the lot.) This guys '6 had the same exterior and interior color as mine; maroon/maroon. He claims everything works and that it runs great. He said "I was really suprised by that little 4-cylinder!"
Anyways it turns out he's a wholesaler and he's asking $1800. I'm thinking I'm gonna get this car, transfer all my good parts onto it, and then let my dad drive my old MX-6 so he doesn't put so many miles on his new CR-V. Only problem is that I have a sentimental attachment to my old MX-6, which I've had for over 100,000 miles, and I don't know that I want my dad driving it because he sucks at driving a stick.
I do think it would be really cool to have 2 MX-6s that are the exact same in every way. Then again I've been staring at a maroon interior for over 5 years and some variety would be nice as well...I kinda wish this one was silver or black.

[Edited by antiSUV on 04-25-2001 at 12:04 AM]

·
Registered
270 Posts
DAMN, that sounds like a real good deal. Of course you know the guy being a dealer and all he must have bought it for about 1/2 what he wants. Try to talk him down a little, then it would almost be a steal. Then, if you are tired of seeing the maroon interior, I could trade you cars, mine is red w/grey interior(I'd like to keep my turbo and mods, of course):D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey, I'm selling my maroon/maroon 6 for $1200 if you're interested :) 196,000 miles on it though...and of course you're nowhere near me in Massachusetts :(

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry rm, I already have an MX-6 w/ 19x,xxx.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey, rmtaylor any idea how much it costs to ship a car to CA? do you mean the shfter bushing underneath the shifter itself, of the ones inside the transmisson?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The shifter bushings under the shifter...
I really don't think it would be worth it to ship a car to MA from CA unless it was worth over $10k

·
Registered
186 Posts
There aren't many GTs where I live, Monterey. Very rarely are they for sale, and when they are, it's always at a dealer for 6 or 7k. Is your car with the original turbo/motor? Any rebuilds, major damage, been in a flood, anything like that?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I looked at the car again today and I'm sorry to say it turned out to be crap. Doors didn't line up or shut right, front subframe was covered in oil, paint on the sides along the bottom was cracking, and worst of all it was an automatic. I drove it anyways just for kicks. The AAS only worked on one side of the car, and all I can say is that I'm damn glad I don't have an Auto turbo. Oh well, I should have known it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it was sluggish, and it shifted bad. @ 117,000 it was probably on it's way out. The 1st to 2nd shift was extremely abrupt, like "BOOM!!!", jerking the car. This happened even with a very small throttle amount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts