Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys well i just sold my 89 gt with 90k miles.

it great condition. the guy payed 3500 for the car and stereo.

drove it all the way home last night and then all the way back to my house today saying it didnt run right when he drove it before he payed me and said that it did...

he lives 80 miles from my house and when he left the trip had 12 miles on it... the trip now reads 298 miles... so where else did he go???

he has the title. i have the car. i have written him a check but have not deposisted the money into the account... should i give him his money back???

i think he went for a long night joy ride then didnt want the car anymore...

the car is a 89 so it has querks but it didnt have the problems when he left that he said it does now....

should i cancel the check and tell him to come get the car???? say sorry about his luck and send him on his way???

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
With that many miles on it id cancel the check. Everytime i sell a car i tell them that its AS IS and thats it, if it makes it out of my driveway then its in their hands. If it wasnt running right to him then he should of brought a mechanic with him and had it checked over!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i think thats what i will do...

i told him like this... the motor mount under the tranny is broke he said i dont car ik a mechanic. i said sometimes its hard to start when its really cold he said the same thing i said the it idles high when not warm but stop after driving same reply then i told him that it needs an alignment and he was like look its a 89 ik its not a ferrari so i was like oh ok after that and he paid me then left... then he just showed up in my driveway today car smells like 90 packs of cigaretts and the tank is empty. i will inspect it tomorrow to make sure there are no dents or anything but im pretty sure the car is his and the money is mine...

im bout to keep the money make him just come pick the car up...

my thing is when i rode with him in the car he was like it runs great. then todayt he says some things that dont make any sense... everytime i call i get his voicemail so ima try again tomorrow

·
Registered
892 Posts
hes fucked it up, and now hes trying to save his irrisponsible dirtbag ass some money, hes not gonna take it easy that youre rejecting his refund, so dont go soft on him.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok my dad just cancelled the payment on the check. he does however want to fix the motor mounts before we give the guy his car back. i dont like that idea.
also wants me to take my subs n amp out and give him 500 back for that...

i think that i should take my subs n amp out and keep that 500 for fixin the motor mounts and checkin my car over again...

what do u guys think???

·
Registered
63 Posts
he lives 80 miles from my house and when he left the trip had 12 miles on it... the trip now reads 298 miles... so where else did he go???
big drug run maybe :shrug: people used to try and do that to my friends dad all the time.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idk yesterday his voicemails all said stuff like ill come and sit in ur driveway till i get my money back and then the next one was like ill come inside and take it from ur punk ass and all this crap.

today i guess after he got mine last night saying he is out of luck and the car is his he was like im soooooooo soorry for my messages idk what i was thinking it was a big mistake i just wanted my money back i dont want the car anymore im soo sorry it turned out like this...

i think i will take my subs and amp out and whatever it cost to fix the mounts will come out of that 500 dollars...

his shop told him it would cost 1600 dollars to change two motor mounts align the car. swap out fuel injectors because they said mine were aftermarket??? when there not and change the tps because its a universal tps in the car...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I wouldn't do anything, don't touch the car after saying its his. That could cause problems. Just have him take it as is, and if anything arises, get the police involved, I'd almost go on and have a file opened about what he said already, just in case something does happen, something's already started.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i dont wanna start anything with him the car and stereo are his i will just tell him to come pick the car up and go on his way... i dont need any kind of trouble over a car this old...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
tell him to pick his car up or you'll have towed. grow some damn balls man. you have a bill of sale, the sellers report, he has the title. done deal. it's a used car, he has no recourse. call a lawyer if you have to.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Dont touch the car, dont even start it to move it if you dont have to. Stick to your guns. Dont come back 2 weeks later and say I gave his money back. Give your a dad a pat on the back and say thanks for cancelling the check.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Subbed!!

If you tell him your gonna fix stuff, its gonna cost you more than you're getting for the car. He fucked it up joyriding and maybe drug running like everyone else said. It's not your problem anymore

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha cmon guys dont say i dont have balls...

my dad cancelled the check and said he only gave him a check to make him leave our driveway that day which makes sense

i called him and was like dude heres the deal u drove the shit outa this car and now u dont like it to bad... i told him he was lucky i didnt file for a lost/stolen title at the dmv and sell the car again...

come get this car it's yours if you come acting stupid or being an idot i will call the police and have you taken and the car impounded.

i was like the only deal i will give you is i will buy the stereo stuff back from you for the cost of it and he agreed... so i took out my subs amp. ripped the whole wiring kit out took the rear strut bar out as well. told him i was ganna swap betteries and he said ok so i took my huge deepcycle battery out and out some dinky ass walmart crapper in there that was hald dead...

the car left running and he didnt act like an idiot... i told him he should have brought a mechanic or not called me with such an attitude.

bottom line is he bought a used car and then realized... HE BOUGHT A USED CAR!!!

some people buy a 89 model car and expect it to run like a 09 model...

hahaha not to mention when he rolled up he drove one of his other cars... it was a FUGLY blue crx looked like it was painted with mettalic blue spray paint and had half of the worlds fiberglass supply on its front bumper... oh and a custom fartcan exhaust. i told him that he should be happy with my mx6 because i mean he did pull up in that jewel...

anyway guys thanks for some of the help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah act tough lol. But the dude did have a sweet ride. I'm his brother by the way. Not only was his car a total peice but he came driving down the road like it was a race car which was twice as funny.

·
Registered
23 Posts
haha cmon guys dont say i dont have balls...

my dad cancelled the check and said he only gave him a check to make him leave our driveway that day which makes sense

i called him and was like dude heres the deal u drove the [shizzle] outa this car and now u dont like it to bad... i told him he was lucky i didnt file for a lost/stolen title at the dmv and sell the car again...

come get this car it's yours if you come acting stupid or being an idot i will call the police and have you taken and the car impounded.

i was like the only deal i will give you is i will buy the stereo stuff back from you for the cost of it and he agreed... so i took out my subs amp. ripped the whole wiring kit out took the rear strut bar out as well. told him i was ganna swap betteries and he said ok so i took my huge deepcycle battery out and out some dinky ass walmart crapper in there that was hald dead...

the car left running and he didnt act like an idiot... i told him he should have brought a mechanic or not called me with such an attitude.

bottom line is he bought a used car and then realized... HE BOUGHT A USED CAR!!!

some people buy a 89 model car and expect it to run like a 09 model...

hahaha not to mention when he rolled up he drove one of his other cars... it was a FUGLY blue crx looked like it was painted with mettalic blue spray paint and had half of the worlds fiberglass supply on its front bumper... oh and a custom fartcan exhaust. i told him that he should be happy with my mx6 because i mean he did pull up in that jewel...

anyway guys thanks for some of the help.
just saw this.... dont know a great deal about cars, but do about selling..
once someone buys something, any problem anyone encounters after that, or simply *decide they dont want it*:rolleyes:

its tough tittie said the kitty....;).... so it seems straightened out?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Your first mistake was giving him a check. That basically gave him a refund, so you're probably SOL even in a court of law.

If that hadn't happened, you should never have taken the car back. All you said to say was "sue me".

Does your bill of sale say it was AS IS including the mentioned issues?
i think i will take my subs and amp out and whatever it cost to fix the mounts will come out of that 500 dollars...
If you have any hopes of him keeping the car, you cannot REMOVE anything.

If your dad's trying to be "nice" by changing the mounts, that's out of your pocket, not the buyer's as the buyer didn't agree to being charged anything (by your removing equipment he purchased, you're charging him).

In Massachusetts, there is something called the "lemon law". If you sell a vehicle for $600 or more which is intended to be registered (not deemed for offroad use only) regardless of "AS IS", the seller would be on the hook for 30 days to pay half the repair costs OR they have the option to take the vehicle back.

Glad to see this seems to have been resolved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts