Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats up?

I need to know if a mandrel 3 inch system that the mandrel bends are actually welded instead of normally made will effect in performance???
DO THEY LOOK GAY?
DO THEY PERFORM GAY???
DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE???

I live in tassie and there is no particular machine down here anywhere that makes them, as it costs $250,000.00 I have been told. The only way I can get an exhaust without welded bends is ordering from elsewhere.

Please I need answers guys, help me.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I have a 3" mandrel exhaust with the bends all welded on..... from the outside it looks fine. I can't see the inside... but it definately beats press bent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really???
thats cool then cause I got a quote with high flow cat, 4 inch dump pipe for $650.00.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Yeah the Mandrel macchine only works one way, well Not really but Take this

On my mates HJ he was getting a twin system mandrel 2.5inch so it had to go over the rear axle (factory style) either side, meaning the left side (looking from rear) had to be done in two peices as the mandrel machine could only bend the long pipe for the right hand side.

The machines are expensive and well not much reason for a shop in Tassie to get one. I think you could proberly order it from a shop in Melboure or Sydney, they should have the main bit on there own plans.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool.

But does that mean not to get a system that the mandrel bends are welded on instead of press bent???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts