Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I recently bought an FE3 Engine and tranny but I bought the ECU from a different guy. Does anybody know the correct part number on the ECU. I just wantto make sure that the one he gave me is the correct one. I called Mazda but they dont have part listings for japanese models. Also, I was looking at the ex manifold and didnt see the O2 sensor. Is it placed somewhere else on the FE. And the air flow meter is something I can do without. Does the FE3 ECU need to run the flow meter. My F2 wont run properly when I disconnect it.:(

Thanks to whoever can help me.:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you can try emailing the ecu info to mazda japan u never know they mite help. as far as i konow the fe3 used air flow sensor but i beleive if you use the one from the 2.2 it should work as they both look the same.all fe3`s i have seen have the o2 sensor just before the flange,so the only thing i can think of is you have got a leaded version because i was reading the manual it states unleaded and leaded for the fuel types so it would make me think they had produced leaded versions but highly unlikely.check to see if if has broken off or just blanked off.maybe they had models made with the o2 sensor in the down pipe ??.it would be better to run aftermarket ecu than go through all the trobbles u will get with the ecu u got now.happy hunting!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
O2 sensor

My car a 88 626 2,0i16 dosent have a O2 sensor or cat
in Norway these didnt show up before 89
I`ll guess you have an engine from a no cat version like mine,these are stronger but if you have an ecu from the cat version you migth have some problems to solve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecu

Do you know if aftermarket ECU's are made for 6's? If so, where and how much? Maybe you guys know someone who reprograms ECU's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts