Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these are probably rarer then uranium, but i would kill for a poster of a Black first gen GT, any first gen will do, i just need something for my wall!!

Eric

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have Manifest take a picture of his, and then you can take it to a photo place and get it blown up poster size.
Manifest has the best looking black MX-6 GT I've ever seen.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wish I'd been at MM2K, no, unfortunately it's the pics only. I was looking at black MX's because I'd thought about getting mine painted that color once, but, with blue interior I thought, nah. I'll just paint it blue.
Still need to do that. She sure is ugly with that oxidized paint.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my car is your car's sister

Manifest, i just got my 88 GT, its black , like yours. its a rare one, its got ABS, and doesnt have automatic seat belts. i paid 300 bucks for her with a bad turbocharger. I had to pay the 226 dollar towing bill(came from 58 miles away!) I found a turbo in a 90 probe(with 68k miles!) that was wrecked, paid 50 bucks for the turbo(you shoulda seen how hard it was to take out of a car laying on the ground, no wheels) anyhow after another 200 of gaskets and hoses, and sending off the head to get a broken stud removed,i have about 850 bucks into her and she drives like new. its a one owner, non smoker, babied but not pampered car(it does have a few marks inside, dings outside)but its a relatively clean car, 136,000 miles. i need to get a few rust spots fixed, a few rock chips on the hood turned into rust blobs on the front of thehood. also the rear of the wheel wells have rust on them. (you wouldnt happen to have a black hood would ya?)the only parts im adding to it, are sunroof deflector( i have three of them if you want one), rear mudflaps with mazda logo(mine are plain), a digital dash if i can find one(if they exist!), a rear strut tower bar, rear brace , and possibly hella driving lights in the grill.
http://hometown.aol.com/juslisn2me/EricsCars.html

here are pictures of the car, and my other car, and the protege mp3(from my work, i get to drive cool cars!) let me know what you think!!!

Eric
:)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Car looks nice, I really like black ones.. :) Nope, don't have an extra hood. Do have a extra head liner but there really is no way I can ship it anywhere.

Looks like you work at a Mazda dealer; you should be able to get parts on the cheap. The car is worth every penny you put into it. You could have the old turbo rebuillt and upgraded for about $450 if it is something you are interested in.

You should sell the wind deflectors. They look good on the back MX6's and someone here might like onel

I like the plain mudflaps myself. They match the front...

Rear strut and brace can be purchased directly from Mazda or pulled from a 91 or 92 GT.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
manifest-yeah i work at a local mazda/nissan/subaru dealership, my dad works at the mazda service part of it, so i get parts fairly cheap. However i am looking for a hood that is already painted, maybe a salvage hood. mine has rust spots that i can pay 150 bucks to get fixed, sanded, and painted. the wind deflectors i will probably sell, but put one on my 6(my dad says they dont look good, i think they look Great!) i can get that tower bar for 75 bucks new. another part that i wouldnt mind finding, which i have seen before but that arent that common, are the factory fog lights(not the integral in the headlamps) that hang down in front of the air ducts, know where i could get a set of em?

Eric

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't know about those fog lights, but, I DO know that I'm VERY interested in a strut tower brace. VERY INTERESTED. I've called dealerships all over the country, and they all say the same thing. They're on back order until nobody knows when. If you can get me one, PLEASE email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Never seen factory fogs there; also I hear that those holes are there to cool the breaks down, but I do not know how true that is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those MP3s rock.
I would love one of those cars, I have yet to see one on the road or even at a dealership. How much do they go for? Also you said they are only producing a limited amount, is that amount for this year or ever?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mp3, too slow for me :)

granted, the mp3 is a higher performance car then the other protege, but it is still slow! only 140hp with 142torque! i managed a chirp into 2nd with it. they made 1500 of them and thats it, my dealership got ONE, and i got to tear it up!! lol i can say i drove one of the rarest mazda production cars(they made more 4ws 626's then they did this!) it handles perfectly, tower bars, but its too kiddy for me, has a 280watt kenwood stereo that sounds like poor kids system. sounds decent, but i prefer stock radios all the time over aftermarket. go to my website for pics!!!! i have pics up close of the car, unique pics! you'll never see one that close unless you happen to see one on the streets.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts