Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can tell by my login name I am new to the import scene. I just recently bought a 93 MX LS automatic with the 6 in it, every import in this area has all kinds of body mods and kits and wheels blah blah blah, I want to be little different in my layout and design, I would rather go for get-up rather then show up. This area is consumed by gear heads with 350's and the big gas guzzling monsters and want to show them my tailights rather then show them a pretty car, but I am not a gear head myself. I like the looks of the body kits and all, but I would prefer a little more guts in my car and smile as I pass them. Any information or links that I can go to or even a step by step would be great for how I do this at a nice easy pace that will get some more horses and still leave a few presidents in my back pocket.

Thank you for providing such a great forum where I don't think I'll get laughed at.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Well, as far as passing by gas-guzzling Muscle Cars go unless you spend quite a pretty penny you won't be passing by them. But if you can spend some money you can compete.

1. KLZE Engine Swap - $3000 parts and labor
2. Exhaust System - $700 parts and labor
3. Cold Air Intake - $200 parts (anyone call intall these)
4. Exhaust Headers - $700 Parts and labor
5. Underdrive Pulley - $500 parts and labor
6. Custom Turbo Setup - $3000 Parts and labor

And by this time if you do all of this stuff take your car to the strip and post your times ;)

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
A klze would be a good option, but shouldn't cost that much. Another thing that wasn't mentioned was switching to a manual transmission. I guess the easiest way would be to find another mx6 that's an mtx, but you can also do a swap without having to pay too much. With what you're looking for, that will probably give you the best performance increase for the money. It will probably take off a full second in the quarter mile, and add a lot to the fun to drive category. It also leaves a lot of extra room if you want to go the turbo route (which I would recommend at this point). Mici is an old turbo setup for only $1250 i think. There is also a company that is producing turbo piping, and another company with it in the works. A klze would still be a decent option though...just a turbo is better in my opinion at this point

Also, where in MO are you located. MOPOC guys can give a lot of information, an if you're near any of them, they may be able to help you out even.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts