Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the true gain from this t-bird turbo upgrade. Ric from racing mazda is telling me that the upgrade is good for 250 whp, but he did not say what boost. Its on a new motor and I am hoping for at least 15 psi. Also I have a 2.5 inch full exhaust and a hollowed out cat. When the rebuild/upgrade is complete I am going to buy the 2.5 inch down pipe and new injectors. What do ya think turbo gods?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
julio (alter_ego) put down 200 whp at 14 psi of boost (broken TB boot) on a t-bird turbo, crower cam, full exhaust, adam turbo chip, ported and polished head, and a fresh engine rebuild among a few other things.

The highest I've ever heard of from a t-bird was dawgofnate, somewhere around 230 whp. That was at like 18-20 psi though.

Probe_this put down 250 whp with a built F2t and a .63/.60 T3 at 18 psi. Your best bet is a bigger T3.
Mx6gt91 put down 210 hp at only 13 psi with a JGS tools t3/t4 turbo.
It;s your call man.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Keep in mind that 200hp run from Julio was during a time when his car was nowhere near it's peak performance. He used to run 20-21psi on race gas at the track with me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts