Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make my fog lights run independantly from my headlights. Does anyone know the wiring scheme or have a wiring diagram for a 1st gen mazda mx6 that they could email me? It would help me finish this project quickly instead of testing all the leads. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Get them to run independent shit mine wont run with the head lights!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got them to run independant last night. If you want your lights to run independant take the bottom part of the dash off and pop your fog light switch out. Then cut the large red wire on the top left of the connecting harness (if you're looking at the switch) and connect the severed line from the switch to an ignition hot lead and presto, you can run the fog lights any time the car is on and they'll shut off in case you leave the switch on whenever the car is shut off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How about just unpluging the headlight plug on each side and turn the switch on inside the car and see if that helps your question.})

·
Registered
84 Posts
well i have a 90 Gt and my fogs run independtly from the headlights . they have their own seperate switch for the fogs . now what i have are an extra pair of PIAA fogs that are near the bottom . they give the car a nice sporty look and light better than the stock fogs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts