Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

calling for anyone who has a blackberry 83** (ie 8300, 8310 etc etc)... i have been fckd around by vodafone and i had a problem with mine connecting to the net and i have been charged for it, their way of finding out if it was a problem i have caused (by using third party programs) was to do a complete format of my phone (without backing everything up) however as i am not a fckng retard i backed everything up using the blackberry software, and well, i expected it to back up all of the WAP and GPRS settings, and id didn't... FFS... so i need the WAP and GPRS settings for my phone so i can sort out all they're bullsh*t, and of course, they wont give me the setup because that will prove me right...

so PLEASE ANYONE.... i Need help!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you need to reactivate your phone. I know verizon, it's *228+send. I know Vodafone is verizon overseas, the command may be similar, but that's all you need to do. It will update all of your settings. Also, for your internet browsing, make sure you use the internet browser and not the blackberry browser. This is something you can change in the default settings.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have a brand new blackberry Bold for sale! anyone interested?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks zach, but it looks like the program didn't keep the the vodafone browser either, do you know where i can get it??? i think when i get my car back i'll have to go down to a vodafone store and get them to put the program back on it... this is bullsh*t!!! yet another way big businesses screw the little guy...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
have you performed the factory reset on it or did you completely destroy the onboard ROM? lol

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Factory reset should still have the defaults for Vodafone, sure you did it correctly?

If I still had my 8100, I could have helped you lol.

i have a brand new blackberry Bold for sale! anyone interested?
Possibly, How much? Locked to Vodafone?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I run the BES at work, we Nuke them often enough for me to know we never need to input WAP settings. If we can't browse the web, it has ALWAYS been the telco at fault.

Optus ALWAYS forgets to activate the blackberry/data side of the SIM cards.

Infact thats where I need to go now. They forgot again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts