Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was racing then after two or three runs the car starts sputtering after i sprayed but sounded fine till i let off. Well i pull off to see what's wrong check the vacuum lines etc. Then drove home every stop light it tried to stall out. There is also a weird sputtering coming from the exhaust. Got home check oil and coolent levels and to make sure i didn't blow a head gasket nothing mixed levels fine. Then checked everything over and can't figure it out HELP

G

·
I had a mysterious fault that caused my MX to stall whilst at idle and occassionally have a big miss whilst accelerating. 3 days in the shop - new plugs, tested airflow, dissy modules only to find a faulty dissy rotor....apparently the coil produces big spark and would short out (bypass thru the rotor) and prevent spark getting to the plugs.....Now if the mechanic just replaced the whole distributor it would also fix the problem. Suggest you try the rotor first - its only a few bucks and you can do it yourself...hopefully its not anything else - goodluck

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k

checked with the apt complex office last night and they had it so money getting sent today i thought you were sending a couple injectors not the fuel railbut just wondering

1 - 8 of 8 Posts