Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone... i was just wondering what parts i would need in order to turbo my 96 2.5L, i know i want to get a KLZE head, cam, and forged pistons. but what else should i do inorder to run the turbo without blowing my ish up... and would a single turbo be better then twin... and why??

thanks to any who post, id really appreciate it...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Glynis27 said:
Look at the stickys at the top.

-Ryan-
Hey Ryan, whats up?? Get that front end fixed up yet? That sucks what happened ont he way back from HH.

Anyway read the stickys as they are VERY informative. Theres lots mre parts to consider. Misc gaskets to rebuild the motor including new head gaskets. Your gonna need connecting rods and all the bearings for the block. There's a lot of stuff that goes into a motor build. Look at the spreadsheet on my turbo page in the website. It has a list of some basic stuff.

Twin turbo is always bettethan one if its sized right. But on these cars its literally a stupid choice if your going to keep any kind of reliability. You will have major oiling and overheating issues with 2 snails. The reason 99% of the OEM TT cars are converted to one turbo is its easier to tune, less backpressure, less under hood heat, cheaper and one turbo can be easier to maintain. stick with one turbo.

·
Registered
754 Posts
DrBrown said:
Hey Ryan, whats up?? Get that front end fixed up yet? That sucks what happened ont he way back from HH.
Yea Dan, it did suck, lol. Loosing steering @80mph is quite a rush. The tow-truck driver messed up my mudflap, splashguard, and my fender. Got it home and fixed the balljoint, but the fender, etc still needs replaced. I drove it for 2 weeks and then the powersteering just went. Fluid everywhere, and I can barely turn the wheel enough to get it into my garage. I don't know what is broken yet. Can't imagine why my steering wrack would go at 45k miles, but maybe the tow truck driver broke that too. Interested in taking a look, hehe.

-Ryan-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts