Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I got a mx-6 93 4 cyl . can i get use the turbo from a 88- 92 mx-6 or probe . If so is there allot of modification that needs to be done })

·
Registered
305 Posts
It will not fit without a lot of modification. However there is one that is made specifically for the car for the 2nd gen LS, I'm not sure if it will fit the 2nd gen 4 cyclinder. But installing a turbo the "right" way is going to take more than just dropping it in. For starters, you'll absoloutely need to uprgrade your entire cooling system, ECU, exhuast to compliment the gains, air intake system (especially 02), fuel regulator, wastegate, etc (but I guess you know that already). IMO, the system is truly made for someone who wishes to upgrade their rods and pistons.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
check out www.knightturbos.com

they have a turbo for the 4-cyl...185HP at the wheels... so much for the F2 turbo, yeah?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
no prob:D

Thats what were here for...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
you will hav eto have custom piping for the turbo! make sure you read about turbos and know everything you can before tring this man.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
superflymx6 said:
you will hav eto have custom piping for the turbo! make sure you read about turbos and know everything you can before tring this man.
the kit comes with the plumbing, smart [email protected]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Stage36 said:

the kit comes with the plumbing, smart [email protected]
i was not talking about the Knights Kit. i was talking about if you go a custom job!!! should have stated that i guess!

who has the Knights Kit anyway. i have not seen many, i might just have not look in the right spots. but i read

ProbeSportTurboKit

has any read about the fuel rail that a guy on PT is going to try to make for us!! the fuel suply is a major draw back with high boosted 03's

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
superflymx6 said:

i was not talking about the Knights Kit. i was talking about if you go a custom job!!! should have stated that i guess!
hey its all good... but yeah, youre right. if your kit doesnt come with plumbing, i might be a good idea

the fuel suply is a major draw back with high boosted 03's
the 03 itself is a major drawback:p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
the 03 is a draw back???

how come??

it might take time and $$ but you can get HP out of the 03 no doubt.

FI on an 03 is a good idea for more HP. you just need to supply enough fuel to the amount of air you are forcing in the combustion chamber. IF you worried about the amount of boost you can run on internally stock 03 then there is a post on PT in the FI forum about this rightnow. and i dont see any problem with boosting 10psi with enough fuel.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
superflymx6 said:
the 03 is a draw back???

how come??
hey im just screwin with you guys. i just favor the the FS... thats all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts