Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
trust me, we know a ze when we see one, and jmoores is a bullet. Remember alot of those magical 0-100 numbers are done with minimal weight, since we now have 4 or 5 working ze's and are gaining another ze in perth (arrived friday) i would take it from people who own them that a 5 second 0-100 isnt going to happen with all your interior intact, unless you are a brilliant driver

Another thing, your citing wiki as a valid referance? ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Yes i can tell the difference between the ze and de by part numbers of heads,cams,ecu,mas etc and that the pistons r flat not dished i have done my hw b/c im lookin 4 1 atm. True wikipedia is [shizzle] i did sum research and convinced 0-60mph is more like 7.5-8's(stock) How do u explain the vid?he claims he only has few mods, hes launced was avg but shifting was good. you obv do have more experience then me havin owned 1 i dont doubt that, i just wanna know exactly how quick they r. with great compression
i found another vid apparantly he justs has bolt ons

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you have to remember that these sort of performance figures are done in different hemispheres with different fuel grades, different humiditys and atmospheric height.

i have a ZE with just about every bolt on you can get , with a custom tune, and i would be lucky to hit mid 6s. Quarter Mile is about 15.0 flat, and dyno power was 152Hp.

just because someone else on the internet says you can, doesnt mean you can.

I think that guy who took that video has a freak ZE , and hes in a weird part of america. Hes on probetalk, and is making some stupid power figures with a pretty much stock ZE. Noone else on there has ever come close.

Dont get me wrong, the ZE is a fantastic motor, and i love every second on it. But the sort of costs that your talking about at the moment ... id probably take a step back and really consider whether or not its worth it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yeah very true, i mean at the end of the day its only 36hp and torque figures r about the same. Its probably more cost effective 2 stick with a De and get it up 2 stock ze specs or higher.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
or get DE and drive it till it breaks, then get ze, thats how i did it

*also just got back from a cruise in nearly 40 degree heat, ZE's dont like it hot...*

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
yeah i dont think ne engine likes it in that heat! unless its a turbo with a decent front mount, even then u may probably still notice the difference.

or get DE and drive it till it breaks, then get ze, thats how i did it
if only it was that easy! Maybe we shld get 50 of us to all pitch in for a container full of Ze's(or however much they wld hold) and get sum ZE's IN AUS!!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
im willing to find him one if i get the 100$? :p

41 - 50 of 50 Posts