Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up i have a 93 v6 mx6 i have intake,headers,exhaust,ngk plugs and wires, and msd ignition what else can i do to my car for more power and give me some prices of what u list thanx

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you wanted to get more speed from bolt-ons you could get a j-spec camshaft, underdrive pulley, you could run a test pipe in place of your catalytic converter, or possibly adjustablt cam sprockets. but if you actually want MORE speed you could always go with NOS or turbo/supercharge. or you could possibly get your car going a little quicker with a short throw shifter will help u shift faster/

·
Registered
108 Posts
oh ya and i forgot if you didnt wanna then forced induction route you could always go with the klze engine swap as mentioned above or have your engine port and polished with new pistons,rods, and have a valve job done which is a little pricey but will give u like 30 hp at the wheels . hope this helps, and when you are pretty much done a performance chip could be good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
MX-6 BOY jr said:
unless you go forced inducstion or have an auto, the chip will only give you mininal gains(1-3hp)

i was meaning getting the chip after your car has had all of the mods that you want where it will be programmed to give you the most hp possible and with all of the mods listed above it would be worth it , giving a lot more than 1-3 hp. but if you do only have the chip like said above the gains will be minimal .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts