Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Want To Lower My 93 Mx6 (Which springs are good?) Please Help!!!

I just got a 93 mx6 and put some rims on it. Some 17" inch rims with a width of 235. What I want to do is lower it for better performance and better looks of course. All I really want to do is put some springs on it. Which ones should I go with? Also will my wheels fit with my tire width at 235? Plus do I need to get shocks too, or will it be fine with out them? The stock shocks seem to be fine. PLEASE HELP!!! I was thinking about buying the intrax springs because they drop the car 1.7 and give some handling performance. Since I drive the car around town and use it for work I don't need racing springs. But if anyone disagrees or has tried intrax and doesn't like them please tell me. For I was thinking about lowering it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Tyre wise.. the best size is 215/40/17 as that is the closest diameter to the std size..

some have managed to get 225's on, but 235 will need spacers.. also, the diameter would be bigger, making the speedo read wrong..

Best springs are Eibach's and drop about an inch.. there are plenty others, most of which should be an improvement on stock..

John

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
you should replace the stock struts with aftermarket ones from tokico no matter what lowering springs you get. The stock ones will feel fine for a while but they were not designed to dampen anything other than a soft stock suspension setup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts