·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope not a lip, keep guessing

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
It's ready to fill that space between your WRX bumper and the headlights?

You gonna mould it to the bumper?

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sabbai, i did the wrx one another way, personally i prefer this way. but its not for a wrx bar, lets say that and not for the red mx

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
well spill the beans already! :) What is it?

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crazyone is spot on, the top section of the standard front bar.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
so, gonna mold it into another piece, to fix the problem of kits not lining up with the stock body correctly?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
post pics of it held up to the car!

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
correct HotRodMex thats exactly it.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
hey mark is that the same idea me and Sabbai had?? with the wrx front bar?? I was gonna ask you about how i'd go about doing that *lol* Ive already got a new top section...

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
don't know what idea you guys had, i did my wrx bar a different way than this, this is being used for a different bar. as far as how your going to go, well as you said ur wrx bar is abs plastic and i presume ur new top section is abs plastic also, your better off taking it to a plastic welder and getting him to join both and add morer plastic in. yes fibreglass can be made to stick to abs plastic, but its no where near as good of a finish nor quality of fibreglass on fibreglass

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Yeah I know that about the fibreglass I would have prefered it, but the new top section and bar cost me less that 100 in total so I was impressed by the price..yeah what your doing is similar to our idea in which we wanted to infuse the top half of the standard bar with the wrx front to remove the gap and to blend in better with the rest of the car...I might speak to a plastics guy and see what he says..otherwise I may ask you or sabbai for help and experiment with fibreglass...By the way thats looking good..

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i do have some thoughts for you zorb :)

as far as what bar, i've got a few wwhich i'm tossing up what to do.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
sweet mate I knwo you've been calling me a bit been busy sleeping for work and studying for exams try me either wednesday night or thursday afternoon I have my last exam thursday so all good after then...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts