Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just bought 17x7 an 215/40zr17 ku 25 for the summer and now i am looking to lower it but dnt want to hit a bumb and scrap my car off the road or cant get it on the hoist at work to do an alinement or work to it can you do pros and cons and opions are always welcome thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Eibach sport kit is always a good choice. It won't lower the car too much and paired with a good set of struts you won't have any issues with scraping or bottoming out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my co worker did what u said to his gen 2 mx 6 and we still have to mess with it to get on the hoist at work and he skraps lots but would you recomend not putting the lowering kit on the car because it will draw to may ations?????????

·
Registered
939 Posts
i got eibachs on tokico blues... no problem .... i mean the occasional scrape,only scaped once going up areally steep hoist.. but nothing to be worried about

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had eibachs and stuck struts on my old RS and had no problems other then the occasional speed bump but I just learned to figure out whether or not it would be to high before i went over it then I would either go over the side or on an angle,,, problem solved, hoists were no problem

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i live in brantford and the roads suck here bumps and pot holes left and right and wats a good sit to look at getting parts off of i use andys auto and just want to see if there was any othe option

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
brantford isn't all that bad to up here, my grandparents live in brantford and I never had any trouble down there with my old mx6 that was lowered on eibachs

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I've got Tokico blues/HPs with Apex springs on 17s and haven't had a problem. Just be smart when you're going over speed bumps: slow down, take it easy.

But if I were you, I'd invest in Hooked on Phonics before dropping a grand to lower your car. 'Your' is not a hard word to spell :rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got Eibach's and Kyb's... no problems getting on and off hoists... or driving around... just don't put stupid undersized tires on it and you should be fine.

those tires should be fine. (personally i probably would have gone with a 225/40... but you are close to stock there

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I only scrape the front mud flaps on speed bumps. You go slow over speed bumps (not super slow tho). You don't scrape unless you are driving on some wacky area that might get you high centered. My alignment shop didn't bitch about doing the alignment on the laser hoist alignment machine.

The drop is 2.5" ish I don't rub a lot

Lowered on Ksports with 225 55 15 wheels

Side by side OEM / Ksports

This pic is with OEM flower mounted with 205-60-15 snows. Fills the gap more than normal. Minor scrub @ full wheel lock on a hard corner.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
my co worker did what u said to his gen 2 mx 6 and we still have to mess with it to get on the hoist at work and he skraps lots but would you recomend not putting the lowering kit on the car because it will draw to may ations?????????
These cars are naturally low bodied. Although they have a lot of wheel gap, they will always have trouble getting on hoists after lowering...always.

I've had Eibach, Apex, and custom coilovers, and all of them required me to drive onto blocks before getting on a hoist. Just something that comes with the territory.

i live in brantford and the roads suck here bumps and pot holes left and right and wats a good sit to look at getting parts off of i use andys auto and just want to see if there was any othe option
Those roads aren't bad. If you want soft, don't lower it. Don't care and can deal with it, put it on it's ankles and stop whining! Haha.

Probably the lowest bodied MX6 in Ontario. I have no problems driving around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i didn't mean to sound like i was whining just wanted to see if i hit a bump that would do any big damage to the under body and thanks for the pics

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got Tokico blues/HPs with Apex springs on 17s and haven't had a problem. Just be smart when you're going over speed bumps: slow down, take it easy.

But if I were you, I'd invest in Hooked on Phonics before dropping a grand to lower your car. 'Your' is not a hard word to spell :rolleyes:
i was on my lunch when i posted that and had 5 mins before i had to go back to work and wanted to get that post out really fast:jump:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
i didn't mean to sound like i was whining just wanted to see if i hit a bump that would do any big damage to the under body and thanks for the pics
I was joking with you when I said whining. If you drive over something that is raised, you will scrape, stock or lowered. When you change how your car drives, you have to change how you drive it. You can't take banked entrances to lots head on, you need to take them at an angle to give a better approach. Speed bumps should be avoided as well, but if you can, take them at an angle. It takes practice, but it's not that hard to learn.

The lowest point on my car is the front lip, which measures 3" from the ground. I commuted with the car for a summer and also drove in downtown Toronto with it...Dundas...aka pothole central.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i scrape a lot, but im lowered with a kit that hangs down a bit. this summer we should see whose is really the lowest! lol but anyway if u dont have skirts or a kit on there i little drop should not be so bad. like has been said u learn to spot the angles u cant drive up. i say do it, but reasonably. mine is gonna go up this summer for sure

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know about speed bumps and drive ways but i meant about in the country roads where bumps come out of know where and you have to hit them i know you go fast who dont in the sports cars that is what i meant but i have made my mind up thanks guys i will have pics of the car when it is "LOWERED" and with the rims on it i will not kit my car but i may put a spoiler on it maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well don't lower if you mean by country roads = dirt roads with large humps, pot holes and wash outs.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
thats all I usually drive on is country roads and a few gravel roads and such with BAD wash outs and I never had any probs with my lowered stang and lowered RS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts