Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
i heard using an intake manifold out of the 2000 626 FS is a good upgrade for our cars anyone else ever hear about this ?? i got told this from a guy at a meet

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just joined and I'm posting here because I can't find anyone to fully address this question. Yes, I've searched Google, mx-6.com, probetalk, and every mazda forum known to man. I found a 93 2.0 4cyl ATX for real cheap, and was considering it for a project. Turboing makes sense, but I like creative things. If I'm switching the atx for an mtx anyway, then I can put nearly any fwd motor and trans in it (ignoring mounts, ecu, harness, etc). Why not drop a 4g63 (because of the crazyhigh boost potential), or better yet, the 2.3 mzr and the 6-speed? I'm seeing limitless possibilities, any thoughts on them?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I just joined and I'm posting here because I can't find anyone to fully address this question. Yes, I've searched Google, mx-6.com, probetalk, and every mazda forum known to man. I found a 93 2.0 4cyl ATX for real cheap, and was considering it for a project. Turboing makes sense, but I like creative things. If I'm switching the atx for an mtx anyway, then I can put nearly any fwd motor and trans in it (ignoring mounts, ecu, harness, etc). Why not drop a 4g63 (because of the crazyhigh boost potential), or better yet, the 2.3 mzr and the 6-speed? I'm seeing limitless possibilities, any thoughts on them?
If it were really that easy, then anyone would have done it already.

An ATX to MTX swap with parts that were already available for the car is simple. All engine/transmission mounting points line up, axles fit perfectly, harnesses are there to run the engine, etc.

To do an engine swap from another vehicle entirely will require, at a minimum, all custom engine/transmission mounts, harness swap (if not custom harness), ECU swap, and custom axles. Likely also adjustments to shift linkage.

That is why people don't just toss a 4g63 in there and call it a day. If you want a 4 cylinder turbo engine to swap in, the 1g F2T is also pretty stout and at least you keep it Mazda that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the help dude. So I could just swap the F2T in, along with the H-type trans? I'm gonna search around for info on that swap, but I'd love it if someone would point me in the right direction

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Thanks for the help dude. So I could just swap the F2T in, along with the H-type trans? I'm gonna search around for info on that swap, but I'd love it if someone would point me in the right direction
No, a F2T is not a direct swap. I was saying that if you are going to swap in something that won't bolt up, why not keep it Mazda and go for the F2T or FE-DOHC.

·
Registered
915 Posts
OK i have a I4... i want to do a swap and put the klze in it but i dont want v6 just a 4 cyl would be good for so there for the swap should be in and out nothing else right??? i hope so cuz i found a jdm klze that is a 4 cyl and is about 200hp stock.. so i was going to get that for 539 bucks. and swap it... i dont think i need to swap my trany cuz it already has shrot gears im running 3g at 60mph when im in 5th gear well if anyone wants too hook me up with what it might take otherwise let me know..... im new at this to.... love the mx-6

·
Registered
915 Posts
ya i just found all that out it was the F5 that i was wanting to get and i guess i have it already have it look at the pics in the thred.... im tiered of my motor and want to swap

·
Registered
128 Posts
So i guess i need to ask this. Is the 2.0 I4 worth moding? I am wanting to be able to run with 240sx's with turbos and such but if not then im just going to get a 240SX and do a SR20DET swap if it's not.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
A lot depends on your budget but there are some gains to be had via the turbo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
About 2,500$ im going to school so rebuilding the engine to turbo it really wouldn't work for me since i'd have to short block rebuild. i've got an intake so im getting headers and exhaust here shortly. A friend suggested a new set of cams would help increase power about 50hp+

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
your friend obviously has no clue what he's talking about. lol.
+2 on that. Cams are saved for the time when you max out all of your controlable mods.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually hate to inform you guys but cams are a very good cheap mod. Why? Cause each lobe is different sizes after awhile they wear down...giving less cam lift and valve opening. Meaning less air fuel mixture meaning less power. So by replacing the cams with newer more up to date / aggressive cams you can change the timing slightly and easily gain back stock break horse power or even bump it up past the stock bhp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wait so the I4 And Fs-Ze are two complete different engines, If so I have an I4 And want a Fs-Ze Because i Dont have the money to swap to The KLZE and Buy all the other parts as well. So can i swap Fs-Ze into My Mx6 ???

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
The 2.0L from the mx6 and 1.8 from a Protege are really similar and there are a lot more parts for the 1.8

Turbo a 1.8 and you will have a much faster car than a FSZE (or a n/a KLZE) and its easier to find parts. You will need top change rods and pistons.

BTW the FS02 is what you call the I4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
im getting an mx6 till i get my maxima back up and going....its the base which is auto,4cyl 2.0 guessing the fsde its in pretty good shape...im just going to run 2 inch all the way...headers then run a high flow cat maybe if i do it will be magna flow then for the resanator into either a 12-14" glass pack then into a cheap ebay muffler...then a cai window tent some wheels...any one have any sugestions...money is not an issue i have 10 grand but not going to dump it into any car just for me to tear all to hell and then sell it later...but i do take care of my stuff and plan on running msd if possible and run royle purple in it after a good flush on everything...then run a 255lph fuel pump and then probley some venom 440cc injectors or lil smaller...i have a buddie whos got the base probe turboed same motor stock except ignition and fuel pump and hes running 10 on warm days and 6 on cooler days so im might do mine the same but not much on boosting when i barley keep a car a few months at a time..so if anyone has any suggestions or anything let me know please..use ta have the probe gt with the klde headers and 75 dry shot and miss it dearly but ty for ur time for this really long rediculas thread comment

161 - 180 of 181 Posts