Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people, i was wondering if you nice ppl out there would happen to inform me what i need to change on a 4 banger mx6 to a klze v6, i know i need the v6 tranny, jdm ecu, maf... what else do i need, and how do i do the electrics?

please help me,
thank you

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
get the I4 drive it into a wall, and buy a v6 mx6 with a blown motor and put the klze in that, :E .

but seriously, you would need the driveaxles, rear axle, Full wiring loom, would basically have to strip the whole car and rewire it etc etc etc, new brakes etc. So not really worth it.

P.S SOMEONE PLZ MAKE A STICKY OUT OF THIS SUBJECT. This question gets asked all the time :sigh:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
uuummm im no expert on this at all, but i think you need a new car...from what i have read the i4 to v6 swap is extrememly dificult and you would be far better off selling your i4 and buying an ls, then doing the swap. Again i stress i dont know a whole lot and you should definatly ask someone who really knows there stuff, I dont mean to sound like an ass, just consider this a possible forewarning.

-Bryce

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yep all the above are right. The I-4 to V-6 (maybe even ZE) swap was done before by a board member. But be warned that you basically need a complete LS to pull parts from, and if you have that, you may as well rebuild the LS. Much of the stuff from the firewall forward is different, save a few major suspension components. Also, the rear brakes are needed as well as the exhaust system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.