Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so heres what we have...
Garret T3 turbo, tial wastegate, xspower bov, FMIC, random tech cat, and borla cat-back
MBX FPR, Sparkplugs, and 255 walbro fuel pump
1st gen mx6 310cc injectors...the harnesses were different so i had to cut and solder on the 1st gen harnesses

Problem...good idle but cant rev past 5000 rpms, it acts like a rev limiter and the bov makes a soft whiss and then when it goes back down to idle it just dies. Also bad backfire while driving.. We are about to put on a new head and megaSquirt but we wanted to solve the problem before we add more things.
ANY IDEAS?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking but i kept adjusting the fpr obviously it would get worse if i put it up and the idle would become rough if i turned it too far down, but either way i havent been able to solve the problem. if it is that then maybe the ms system will be the only way to fix it

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it runs fine when it is still cold and once it warms up, unless the boost is up pretty high, it is more or less flooding because of all the fuel upgrades and not enough air upgrades. car is becoming pretty fast though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts