Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who haven't heard we lost one of our own on Saturday April 14, 2012. Ian Decker (username Anthrax1202) was murdered in his home town of Mason City, Iowa. Ian was 23 years old and an amazing person as well as a car enthusiast and a young father. His daughter Cecilia who will turn 2 years old on May 16th of this year will never see her father again. I can't even imagine what his family is feeling right now and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

I will be taking donations to send to Ian's family to help with their troubles during this emotional time. There is no maximum donation but we ask that you send at least $5 to help their cause. I will PERSONALLY be taking care of sending our donations to Ian's family. I have their address and I have already told them that I am handling things on our end.

My paypal address is [email protected]. Please make sure to send me a note in the payment with your username on here as well as your address if you would like a decal. Also please include your name as I would like to include a list of names of people who donated with the things we send to Ian's family.

If you were directed to this thread from facebook or another forum please let me know your name so i can include it on the list of people who donated.

If you prefer to make a payment another way please email me at the same address as the paypal account or private message me on here. We can certainly set something up.

In addition josey_gt has offered to make memorial decals for people who make donations.
one design. one size. this was his first design that he (Ian) made for us.

just let chef know in your "note to seller box" if youd like a decal and provide him with your address. they will be approximately 6" wide and 3.5" in total height.

As stated above, if you make a paypal donation and you would like a memorial decal please add your name and address in the "notes" section of the paypal transaction so I can let him know where to send the decal.

Please try to refrain from cluttering this thread with comments about Ian and his family. It will greatly help me to keep track of who sent donations and who is receiving memorial decals. I will also be updating this once the donations are finished with information about the total amount raised and choices about the card and what we should put inside it. Or whatever else we decide to do for his daughter and family.

The thread for discussion and grieving is here: http://www.mx6.com/forums/lounge/247211-rip-ian-decker.html

Here is a thread about his baby girl when she was born: http://www.mx6.com/forums/lounge/238058-baby-here.html

And here's his most recent project: http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/244067-i-has-gli.html

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Anyone who would like to donate, but cannot use paypal - please PM chef to make another arrangement. As for duration, obviously it's a whoever can, and whenever they can policy, but to keep it organized - at some point (not yet determined) the collected donations will be sent to the family in the form of a cashiers check, gift card, or however best determined to send it. As donations accumulate, this will continue to be done... If the family prefers a charitable donation be made in Ian's name at that point, we'll happily oblige.

Thank you, Chef, for organizing this. It's little consolation, of course, but if it can help even the slightest with what the family is going through right now then i'm happy to help, and i'm glad to see the mx6 community doing the same.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Donated. Thanks Chef for putting it together. Best wishes to his family...

·
Registered
619 Posts
turns out i had a paypal - must have forgotten.

Made my donation now. Still so sad :(

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks so much for making donations everyone! Our total is growing a little more every day. It's amazing what people can do when they band together to help another person in need.

I wanted to share some messages from Ian's family.

"Hey Chris, I am Ian's dad, and I had a chance to read through most of the threads on the forum. I never knew how involved he was on them, but from the sounds of it, he had another family I didn't know about. I just wanted to let his forum family know how much I appreciate your kind words and thoughtfulness for us and your involvement in his life. He is truly an amazing son because of the things he did and the people’s lives he touched and more so because it was just who he was, genuine. I love him and will miss him beyond belief, but just knowing how much he was cared for by others, makes that burden less difficult Thanks again, all of you, for being Ian's friends."

And from a conversation with Ian's sister.

"This is just truly amazing I am almost speechless! Thank you so much for everything you are doing. He was a wonderful person, and it makes me smile knowing you and others in your community have been able to witness it! every little bit helps, just to see the support is so uplifting! I can not thank you enough. My parents are wanting to sell his new car that he got recently to pay for the funeral, but me and my brother are pretty against it, since we know that his car was his baby! were going to do everything we can so tyler, my other brother will be able to keep ian's car. I don't wanna see it go, and I know he wouldnt want to either! Thank you so much again, for everything you're doing!!!"

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Donated.

Just throwing this out there, but i think an image of Ian's MX6 should be added next to the 2 in the upper right corner, or his MX6.com design used in the top left, as a nice memorial.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Donated.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Money sent your way :)
If its too far to ship memorial stickers to OZ, no fuss.
Poor guy, and poor family.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
God I wish I was better off at the moment but things are just very tight right now with court. I wish i could do more I really do I will try to do more next month after things hopefully have settled down a little from all the attorney/court involvement.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts