Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what is the IAT mod for the auto mx-6?
The search isnt working right or I would find info with that.
My car is a 96 mx-6 ls auto and I would be interested in this mod.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
cut the wire closest to the radiator on your VAF wiring harness and wire a switch in if you want. without the IAT mod, between shifts, at higher rpm there is a fuel cutoff, with the IAT mod, there is nolonger a fuel cutoff so it results in the engine being more effecient between shifts so you cut .1-.2 off your quartar mile and you chirp your tires going from 1st to 2nd gear almost every time.

some people think its bad for the car, but it hasnt been thoroughly tested by anyone to proove one way or the other. IMO since the fuel cut-off only supposedly happens at high RPM, the IAT mod doesnt even effect the car during normal driving.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
yep just did it two weeks ago, better shifts I ran a switch to my dast and turn it on or off at will. I recomand not just cutting the wire, because there are rumors that the tranny will heat up more when running the iat mod so i dont use it all the time. cost about $8 total, 3 for a switch and five for some wire took about half an hour to do and is well worth it. You will only really notice a difference under wot. (btw i believe the wire is black and it is the one closest to the front)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts