Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Ichibahn shift knob, shift boot, and pedals yesterday. I have installed the shift knob, boot, and 2 of the pedals so far, but then it started pouring rain outside. I must be outside of the car to get the pedals on so i will put my gas pedal on later. I am really impressed with them. Shift knob is really sexy, and their products are high quality, plus very cheap compared to brands like momo and sparco. Ill get some pictures up later. Plus my shift boot is leather but its really stiff, will this loosen up over time? It doesnt bother me i was just wonderin.

I dont know if any of you have any of their products, i havent really heard them mentioned on here. I got my stuff at Circuit City, an electronics store lol.

www.ichibahn.com

Later.

G

·
5tircrazy said:
Plus my shift boot is leather but its really stiff, will this loosen up over time? It doesnt bother me i was just wonderin.

I dont know if any of you have any of their products, i havent really heard them mentioned on here. I got my stuff at Circuit City, an electronics store lol.

www.ichibahn.com

Later.
Circuit City sells this stuff?? LOL.

The shift boot will loosen up slightly with use, but won't be nearly as loose as the stock one. It's just a difference in the type of leather I suppose. It shouldn't effect shifting or anything though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i was surprised they sold it, but they have allot of stuff in there now. They are even starting to sell CAI's and exaust kits. I forgot to take pics today so def tommarow ill get them up. Im impressed concidering i only payed $33 for the knob, $30 for the boot, and $33 for the pedals. Plus they gave me a beer bottle opener with all of them, just to promote drinkin and driving :lol:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i had an ichiban shift knob i got from crutchfield. real good lookin but i returned it a couple days later cuz it wouldnt fit tightly enough, it would swival. i think the bottom part is poorly designed...oh well.....good looking tho!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
i got ichibahn pedals on my 6 and within 6 months the screws holding the pedals on rusted through and the pedals fell off. very dissapointed.

it was worth the lightweight alloy bottle opener that came w/ the pedals, tho! it's came in handy SO many times...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm hopefully i have no problems with my stuff. When i first put on my shift knob, i tightened the botton piece onto the shifter and then screwed the knob onto it. The "i" on the top was tilted, so i started twisting the knob, which basically gouged out a big circle in my shifter, so it would swivle in circles, but would not move up and down. So i just moved it up a little higher on a fresh part of the shifter and it fits tight now. Hopefully it stays that way. Im at school right now, once i get home ill hopefully get some pics up.

G

·
Wow, maybe to avoid rust with the screws on the pedals like Fuji's problem, try spraying them with a rust prevention paint, should fix the problem.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sounds good, maybe ill pick some up. Thanks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got pics up. And yes i know i should have cleaned up first but im too lazy @-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts