Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my t-bird hybrid in along with downpipe and all the other (shizzle) I need. Dyno day is a couple of weeks away, but I still have a question. What boost should I run for the dyno? I want a decent level for the street as well as everyday driving. I was thinking 16psi is that gonna be enough? I'm aiming for 200hp and whatever insane torque the car wants to make.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
good luck...sick was running 20-22psi (i believe) and hit 197 or so whp. are you going dynojet or mustang dyno?

here's what he said exactly:

My 195hp dyno was well over 200 hp before correction and that was with 155psi on all four and 20-22 psi.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a mustang dyno.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
mustang dyno's will provide a lower hp number...but it's a more 'realistic' number, since a real load is put on the engine. if your concerned about numbers, i wouldn't run on a mustang if i were you. the numbers will be around 15% or so lower.

·
Registered
677 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
good luck...sick was running 20-22psi (i believe) and hit 197 or so whp. are you going dynojet or mustang dyno?

here's what he said exactly:

But, if I remember correctly, this was on the RHB5 Vj11 (Stock)... C'mon sick, correct if wrong. On my T-bird, i'll be running probably a Dual-Stage MBC with 10psi low and 16-18psi high. That enough for a 13 High to 14 Low second car (With ALL supporting mods too).. so thats plenty fast for me.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
no...this was with his tbird and his engine rebuild and headwork he had done...because running the stock turbo that high is just rediculous.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
it was on the stocker. he will be running the T-Bird in the Nov. dyno

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
20-22 on the stocker? why would he push it so high?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I beleive it was more like 18, but if he did 22 it was by accident

·
Registered
677 Posts
KiNg MaRtY said:
I beleive it was more like 18, but if he did 22 it was by accident
Yeah it was, he said he spiked to 22, but leveled out to 18.

the T-Bird would produce better numbers than that at 18psi. More along.. what- 210 to 220 Hp?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I can expect like 180-200hp possibly at the wheels or flywheel?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it would be at the wheels. on a mustang dyno, you're going to get lower numbers though. but if you hit 180-190 on a mustang, than I'd say you're doing very well :)

i hit 153 on a mustang on 11.5psi k&n drop in and exhaust. everything else stock. but i had 216ft-lbs. i'd imagine i'd get around 165-170whp and 230 on a dynojet.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
no...this was with his tbird and his engine rebuild and headwork he had done...because running the stock turbo that high is just rediculous.
Wrong. IHI RHB5 VJ11.

I have a Disco Potato at the shop but I haven't decided if I'll install it or sell it? I also have an IHI RHO6 coming in the mail.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
the real GT28? i would love one of those...put can't justify dropping a grand on a turbo...lol

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
very very true...haha

i might hit up my turbo man and see what kind of strings he can pull for me. last time i was there he had a pair of HKS GT25 turbos he pulled from a skyline he was trying pawn off on someone....i might have to see if he still has one left....heh

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
sweet...i might have to use your services if i'm outta luck here...heh

but who knows....i'd like to upgrade my turbo, but at the same time, want to get what i can out of this one first. i know it's not much, but there's still headwork that can be done, better exhaust work, water injection, more efficient intercooler and/or cooling of the intake charge....just lots of ideas in my head...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts