Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 89 mx-6 LX and i have two different tire sizes on it 195 on the fronts and 185 on the back.

If some one could tell me what the propper size should be or what is a good set of tires to put on because i am planning on replacing all four. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
tires

get Yokohama Avid H4's. They are great tire with good grip and the price is not bad at all either....contact tirerack.com

·
Registered
332 Posts
Tirerack.com is where you can get all the info you need. I believe that the stock tire is 195/60 for your car. However Tirerack has got a database for the stock size. The yoko is probably a good tire for what car you got but if you want performance look at a v or z rated tire. I like the Dulop P5000.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The stock size for an '89 MX-6 LX is 185-70-14. When I had my '89 LX, I upgraded to 195-65-14 (which is almost a perfect match, no speedometer error) with Bridgestone Potenza RE930's. These tires are AWESOME. I dont know what tires you have now but when I got these I was amazed at how well the car handles. I liked them so much that I got them for my 626 (205-60-15) and my friend who now owns my '89 LX got a new set of RE930's. THey're cheap at tirerack.com too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts