Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am usually bored on sundays and have nothing to do and got a lil extra cash need some ideas of small custom work to be done i don't care how long it will take or how hard it will be just can't afford to pay alot of money ideas i would like i don't know how much i am willing to spend just want some ideas no need for eaplaining how to do it just a basic i dea and i will try it out please give as many as possible so i have list t ochoos e from if noone wants to post their ideas that is understandable but if you have someideas you would like to see done but just don't want to do them ur self please share with me and others so then possible it works out and then i can share in detail how so

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here are some of my ultra-cheapo projects from the last couple of months:

:: engine bay degrease & WD40 polish

:: exhaust pipe tips (my pipes are skinny and rusty)

:: added amber parking light to my fogs ($10.00)

:: removed the rear spoiler and resealed the gaskets

:: Home Depot gutter guard grille plate ($1.27)

:: Painted wiper arms (they were faded and oxidized)

:: Buffed polished headlight & fog lenses (yellowed plastic crap)

Nothing spectacular, but it has kept me in projects and fixed little annoying things that bugged me about my 12 year old car.

STS and CAI are here waiting for a warm, dry day.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
well...

1) you can clear up the yellow of ur headlights by using light sandpaper
2)check ur tire pressure
3)tint your tails ( but then again you have M edition luxury tails)
4)clean your car inside and out including engine bay (you'll appreciate it more)
5)do the LED mod on your HVAC switches and knobs, cluster gauge, and buttons
6)apply leather conditioner to preserve ur seats longer

simple little things like these will keep you occupied and you spend very little money:idea:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Here's some things that are on my list of little projects:

-Detail engine bay...as mentioned above.
-Polish/Paint valve covers...a time consuming project.
-Condition the leather again...it smells so good when you're done.
-All those little things that you're too busy todo during summer.

metros

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
build a fiberglass sub box

buff the car

clean the windows inside and out

make the car a convertable? targa top?

install a remote starter

one thing i've always been curious about... is whats wrong with like.. taking a whole sheet of sheetmetal.. multiple ones probably... and just make the whole underside of the car smooth. i can only really think of the exhaust getting too hot... i just think that would be neat... dont know why for sure.

find a place for a cupholder.

re-upholster the car with something unique...

theres always the headliner to play with... check the how to section to find the suede headliner with the mazda emblem page.. that ones neat.

get a shitload of led's and go crazy. they go anywhere. even ask koisuruusagi.

make a trunk support that works.. or make a flip flop trunk lid or whatever they're called.

i cant think of much else...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx for all the ideas i like the flip flop trunk lid idea i think i will start drawing up some ideas for the right now i have thought of it before but for some reason so mny people said that it cannot be done well anything can be done with time and not always money i will do this and post the plans or prolly sell them for very cheap if anyone has done this i would like to see pics i was also thinking of a flip flop hood maybe that would be cool too if anyone has pics please post or if you are good at photoshop then make a pic that would lookd lik the way the flipflop trunk would and the way the flipflop hood would look like and i think people said that is something for a honda oh well booo to them i am doing it anyways

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Flip flop trunk cool for car shows, Pointless for everyday use. Imagine getting $hit in and out of there! Looks cool none the less.

Over the winter have to:

-Install Audiobahn 12" 1,100 watt sub and Kenwood 1,000 amp and run the amp wires.
-Stop anything from vibrating when I turn it one.
-Redo Interior
-Do nothing for 2 weeks

Pnut500000 said:
find a place for a cupholder.
we have cup holders you just have to put whatever drink you want to put in upside down.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
U know what would be sick...is that the flip flop trunk thing but on the doors...
That would be crazy cool...maybe not possible or practical but cool none the less.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts