Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start out by saying I searched, yet no solution still.

My idle is at around 1500 and it bounces from 1000 - 2000 rpms when in neutral. It does this about 3 times, then it just stay at 2000 rpms. When i'm in gear driving, it's fine, it drives normal. But when in neutral, same thing. But then if i get lucky, the idle actually stays at 700 where it should be. Weird :shrug:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Does the fluctuation stop if you apply the brakes?

Mine is doing that, since last weekend, I broke off a little piece of my air intake. It hadn't done that before, but now I've glued it back together, tried to get a good seal, but there's still a leak. It doesn't fluctuate when it's cold, only after it has heated up.

I've got a new CAI coming this week that should fix my problem.

It could be something similar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea i currently have the same problem i needed a new radiator and i just got that on wednesday and it was better but still not completely fixed but the mechanic told me that my water pump has a small leak. Does your temp gauge read overheat or anything?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EMEXSIXX said:
yea i currently have the same problem i needed a new radiator and i just got that on wednesday and it was better but still not completely fixed but the mechanic told me that my water pump has a small leak. Does your temp gauge read overheat or anything?
Nope, my temp gauge is still good; it in between.

Now my idle is pissing me off cuz it's annoying. When I start the car, the idle is fine. But once i start driving in gear, and let go to neutral, that's when the idle bounces. From time to time it'll be fine, but sometimes it won't.

Also, sometimes it feels like the car is "choking" or "jagging" when I push the gas all the way down. Could it be the TPS ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
OK! That's a new direction to take, thanks Fr3d! Karma given.

I changed out the CAI and it didn't fix the problem. I looked for a vacuum leak and it can't find one.

One thing that I did on the day I mentioned above, when I broke the little elbow on the stock intake, while it was all apart, I cleaned the TB, lots of black gunk in there, hard and crusty. It was hard to get clean, but it's shiny and new in there now.

I didn't know about the IAC, though. That's my next stop!

I lowered my idle speed, which stopped the rolling idle, but caused lots of other problems in the process. Look here: /forums/showthread.php?t=146988

1 - 6 of 6 Posts