Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

this afternoon I had decided to clean out my throttle body with a throttle bottle cleaner by gumout. I had the car shut off and I had sprayed it while I was working the throttle back and forth. I didn't use the whole bottle, i had sprayed it for 10 seconds. So after I had let it idle for 3 minutes as stated on the bottle. So what I did after was took it for a spin. I would be driving in 4th gear and then when a stop light approached, I would put into neutral, and the rpm's would read at idle 1,000. Then I was like what is happening, i then revved her in neutral and the rpm's went back to normal. did I something wrong? Is this normal? I would appreciate any input

thank you,

anthony

·
Registered
806 Posts
It will relearn how to maintain the proper idle, if you have any worries, just disconnect the battery terminal for a few minutes then it will start from scratch. I think you will be alright though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It probably was just sticking because of to much spray. Nothing to worry about if its working fine know. The problem with mine is that I have to keep adjusting it because the RPM drops to low.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts