Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97/ls V6 and lately the idle is acting kinda strange.When you first start it up it idles about 1300 and then as it warms up it'll drop down to about 500 and that's where it stays.It does'nt stall or anything but it never done that before.Could this be a sensor problem??Any help would be great...Thanks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
how many km's do u have? what kind of gas do u use and hows ur fuel mileage? i know u have an OBDII but did u have any codes pulled?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idle problems.

I have 100,000kms on it and I use premium gas.I find my gas mileage down a bit but she still hauls ass well.What is the OBD11 and where's it located on the car.:confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive had very low idle for a long time, and then i checked the coolent, it was basicly empty! so i fulled that up, and oil. now the idle is back up.

hope that helps

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What are you talking about? Isn't that normal? When I start my car in morning it Idles at 1200-1300RPM and slowly goes down to 700RPM as it gets hot.

This is normal and designed to do this to warm up the car. The tacho metre and 2 marking betweeen 0 and 1, The first mark is 500 then 750 and 1000.

Your car is operating correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts