Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the correct idle speed for a 93 4 cyl mx-6 would be. It currently is at about 750 rpm without the ac running. Also, is it hard to find the ajustment screw for idle speed if there is one?

Thanks, I'm a new owner...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You guys were really fast to point out that I was not in the right forum, but really slow on help...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
4bangmx6 said:
You guys were really fast to point out that I was not in the right forum, but really slow on help...
The faster your post is placed into the correct forum, the quicker you are likely to get a response. Sarcasm, while cathartic, will not likely help your cause in future interactions with experienced mx6.com members.

To your question: the correct idle speed for the 4-cyl MX6 is 700RPM, +/-50RPM. The adjustment screw is located near the front of the throttle body.

·
Registered
100 Posts
4bangmx6:
What you mean "That's for the fact ..." ??

I tried to adjust the idle speed for few times, but I failed to do that. I post my problem sometimes ago, and someone suggest me to clean to throttle... but didn't work either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well everyone I found my problem with idle speed...
I lifted my hood in total darkness with the engine running and low and behold there were lighting bolts running down my spark plug wires. New wires fixed the problem and she is running as smooth as a babies behind now, even with the lights and a/c on at 700rpm....later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts