Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my tank is @ half full or less and I take a tight turn (Sharp corner or going 45+ off an exit [exits are sharp on Cape Cod]) MY engine will just idle for about 5 seconds and then it will rev back up again. Does this happen with all 1st gen mx6's or just mine. I can do the same thing in my girlfriend's '90 Corolla Sedan and I've never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Again, Dammit

The other day I was close to Empty (no light yet, about 230 mi from fillup on 93) and this ricy accord was driving really slow. We both got on the highway and I floored it to pass him and the same problem happened, engine idles for 5 seconds and then I got gas again and I was off, Past the accord, thankfully. I need to know if something is wrone with MY car or if that happens to EVERYONE.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Never happened to me. Check your plug wires and the connection to your airflow meter.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You fuel pump is telling you its tired. Bcause its easy to draw gas from a full tank. But when the tank gets low if has to create a vacume in the tank to get at the gas. But yours is to weak to get the gas. So, you loose fuel pressure and the car stumbles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts