Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some trouble with it idling rough. It seems that as soon as the idle drops after the warm up phase it starts missing at about 700 rpm. If i let it idle for awhile when I give it gas it will miss a little then clears up. I replaced the disty cap, New plugs which seemed to help some for awhile
and put some Sea Foam in it. I am going to install a fuel filter too. I am thinking plug wires? Like they are not firing well enough it is loading up and screwing with the plugs. Does the ignitor problem do this or does it just go all at once?

Help!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I take it that you don't have a CEL on? No codes to worry about? Also, are your VRIS still in good shape? Have you done an alternator check? Just some ideas to think about if the plug wires don't do the trick.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cel.

Yeah I got a CEL but that is most likely because I have no cats however I did get the Computer chip that is suppose to stop that. It is on when it was not before. Alternator is fine since i just had a new battery put in had it checked. VRIS are like new.This is a KLZE swap so it is a little different in regard to the computer thing. I wonder if my chip could be failing?

·
Registered
894 Posts
leaky fuel injectors? Try injector cleaner, don't be shy I used duralube fuel system cleaner, half a bottle on half a tank and it runs mint now. I was skeptical at first as I am with all pour in quick fix liquids but this one actually worked.

It's only like 15 bucks or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts