Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering , with a few cars carkin it here and there. What would you buy if you had to the sell your beloved mx6/626 ?

I probably wouldnt buy another due to the fact parts costs put huge holes in my wallet,as much as i love the look and speed of my 1st gen , me being young makes it hard to pay for parts so i'd go for a more common car with cheaper parts. But not too sure what car, maybe a celica? not too sure.

cheers
SHizz.

and for all you die hard mx6 fans, hypothetically answer it i.e no more mx6's in the world so u have to choose something else :p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Series 5 RX7 convertible (or maybe older with 13B transplant)
Nissan 180SX (or Silvia turbo convertible)
Celica GT4
Eunos Cosmo 20B Twin Turbo
Toyota Soarer
Mazda MX5
Toyota MR2 turbo gen 2
Nissan Skyline

Any of the above :) Depends on my requirements for insurance, looks, fuel usages, boot & passenger space etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Top 3 on my list - Lada Samara, Fiat Niki, and Daihatsu Mira.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously - a Mecedes 190E - dropped, AMG mags, tinted windows. Or an early model 3 series bimmer before they turned to shiite.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Series 1-5 rx7 - love the rx7's!!

I'd just use the money to get a daily and use the rest for my 808 restoration.

But I'd love a 1300 2 dr coupe. Found one I'm contemplating.

But, other cars wise from Mazda,

Twin turbo supra (the box shaped ones)
E30 BMW with a turbo charger kit on it
Toyota Cressida

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Lets see, either a:

S15 Silvia
UZZ32 Soarer with active suspension or just TEMS
ST165b GT4
New Monaro in black ( I wish)
Mazda 6

Thats my current favs :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dream car or car I could afford now?

Dream car prob Skyline GTR or Evo (I like my rice piping hot :p)

affordable car, prob Skyline R32 GTST, VL turbo, Liberty RS Turbo, maybe an old WRX when they come down in price a bit. I'll prob sell my MX6 soon cause I'm looking at a another car, prob won't be spending more than $14-15k on my next car.

I would love an RX7 but they are so expensive for their age and are a bit too unreliable for me, but I love them, they are my favorite car for being truly original, awesomely designed sports cars and above all for being a MAZDA!!!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Fantasy- Lambo Diablo
dream- M3
wish - R34 GTR
reality- R33 GTS-T

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have thought about this many a time. Really most the option will require a loan though, which as a uni student pretty much sucks! Especially with no insurance. I think thats the only reason I keep the tx5, its mine and I have the freedom to do what I want to it.
Here goes
R32 GTS-t
Series 4/5, possibly convertible turbo, converted to manual naturally.
Galant VR4
RS liberty (maybe, the gearbox thing sucks though)
S13/14 180sx or 200sx (not s13 silvia :) )
Gti-R pulsar <--- One of the best street weapson in my eyes :)

Thats about it for now.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i think about this all the time, and change my mind on a weekly basis..

but theres one car which has always been on the agenda - a series 5 rx7.. but it has to be turbo (LOVE that bonnet scoop) and NOT a convertable.. for some reason i think they look so much better in normal form, i dont like soft tops!.. and has anybody noticed that they came out in almost EXACTLY the same colour as my mx6? (saphire blue or whatever).. i want twins!

i was actually saving up for one until recently, when i figured that i shouldnt spend so much money on cars.. no matter how much i love them!!

other cars i've thought about getting were:
180sx - but too common now
pulsar gtir - hear alot of bad things
300zx - hear alot of bad things again, crampt engine bay etc..
r32 - dash looks EXACTLY like a vn commodore...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would personally have to say...
r32 GTR
or
97-98 180 sx.
these 2 cars look heaps better and are damn quick compared to a mx6...
but i guess u have to be hapi with what you have...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
hmmmmmmm its a hard choice :S a real hard choice.... my dream car would be a porsche 911 gt2 twin turbo... in a black with carbo fibre dash charcoal seats and gold stiching :p

errrrrrrrrrmmmmm possible cars to do up would be my friend has an evo 6 mac addition thats nice, or a gtr skyline but maybe even somethin like a mercedes slk 230 kompressor or somethin.... there super charged but id wanna make em faster lol...

However what i can actually afford maybe a dastsun or a lada lol.

oooo and yeah i like the wrx's awd or maybe 1 of the new 200 sx's and spend some money on engine mods

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, I'm in the process of buying a new car...

It's going to be a MZ20 Soarer, Cressida with a 1JZ or 1UZ, MkIII Supra turbo... you get the idea...

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
[start lame attempt at humour]
I would probably get a Hyundai Excel with a WRX bonnet scoop, no other mods just the scoop, oh and maybe a 6inch exhaust tip
[/end lame attempt at humour]

I would love a S8 Rx7 Type RZ those are power rockets :D or Cosmo 20b Triple Rotor Twin Turbo :)

Cant forget my next reality of a car choice either a 120y Wagon 1200 or a 280zx laugh if you want but that would do me :)

Also while im dreaming a old Cressida like a MX63 and put a 2JZGTE in it :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
My R32 i have.
Latest ford Mustang
The old ford gt road car
Mazda r x 7
Mazda 1800 with a rotor conversion
Tvr
Jaguar
Volvo
Just a few cars i will eventually have in my garage.

·
Registered
164 Posts
there's 2 cars i want

a 60's mini coopers S .. love minis, had a few

and a new rx8, seen a few around, but the one i drooled over was a black rx8...drroooollll..lol

it looked damn good,

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
VRX with a Twin Turbo setup from www.rpw.com.au

TN Magna with 2.7L turbo engine....

I still love magna's... and sleepers. I know I would cry if I got beaten by an old ****box magna.... so imagine how a GTR driver would feel?

Tripharn

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Proberly a GTS coupe
110+MPH down quater factory. Then add a blower

but more relaistic, I would look for one clena RX-3 12A Turbo or 13B turbo but either but if had no six, it would be turbo but if I still had the six it woudl be a PP 13B nice and loud.

I just want some sort of 70's car with lots of chrome trim.

but I would be happy with a 65 convertable Vette

G

·
i just bought a 98 626 sedan, but the problem is to put it
on the road (needs minor repairs) i need to sell my mx-6.
I don't know how i'm gonna get rid of it, i like the car but
it has 2 go:( to choose a new car its easy, but to sell the
mx-6 its near impossible, most people haven't even heard
of my car, pisses me off how my mx6 is underated

·
Registered
84 Posts
Defintitely SOARER twin turbo.

Not spending any money on 6 so i can save to get one of them. But if had money probably an M3 like the mischeif 3000 one!

But nothing quite like a soarer!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
well i was thinking of selling her very recently and buying a 180sx or a ford probe and dumping a turbo in her..but ive decided to invest some time and money in my 6

1 - 20 of 22 Posts