Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF anybody has sidemarker lights on any car. You know when you install them, the fact that they are one filament bulbs gives you only two choices for wiring. 1: wire them to the turn signal so they blink, 2: wire them to the factory sidemarkers so they stay on all the time.
But, if you go to Autozone and buy a tailight converter (kit #48845), you can use this and wire the lights so that they stay on with the factory sidemarkers and they blink withthe turn signals.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Kit???

How much do these kits actually run at Autozone because the way that my sidemarkers function: they are on with the parking lights and stay on. I prefer them to be on and blink whenever I signal.

Later

Ruby

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$11.99. If you get one, there are 7 wires. 4 on the car side of the box and 3 on the trailer side. On the car side, hook the right turn(green) to the right turn signal. Hook the left turn(yellow) to the left turn signal. Hook the Brake(red) to one of the sidemarker signals that stay on all the time. Do not user the brown. On the trailer side, hook the right turn/btake(green) to the right sidemarker. Hook the left turn/brake(yellow) to the left sidemarker. And again, do not use the brown. And, there you have it, all for a whopping $12.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts