Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
8,047 Posts
you can get the ms and some of "etc" from diyautotune, but at your current level of "can I buy kit" I'd steer clear of doing a ms setup. It needs dedication and thought. You'll actually have to read quite a bit and know what you are doing to make it work.

Good luck.

Fred.

ps, nice response comp nuts.

· Registered
688 Posts
I have been using the stock ign system during a power increase of 53% (MS2V3 for fuel and 98ron fuel) but I will now let MS take over the ign.

· Premium Member
1,948 Posts
After installing MS, i see its really a crude circuit than needs lots of tweaking to get rid of noise in the VR pickup. You pretty much have to add remote coil IGBT's since the one onboard generates too much noise as well. (No factory ECU puts the coil driver on the ECU board)

Its got potential, but i bet there are a lot of frustrated guys with backfiring cars putting up with it.

· Registered
8,047 Posts
After installing MS, i see its really a crude circuit than needs lots of tweaking to get rid of noise in the VR pickup. You pretty much have to add remote coil IGBT's since the one onboard generates too much noise as well. (No factory ECU puts the coil driver on the ECU board)
If you are referring to the "let ms do ignition" then that doesn't necessarily mean using the internal igbt. he currently has/had the oem ecu controlling ignition. he is moving to ms control, but hopefully through the stock ignitor in the short term and two or 4 of them in the long term.

· Registered
688 Posts
I forgot about my post in this thread, and Fred you are correct.
I just need to replace my axles and then start reading on how let ms control the ign. with stock ignitor....doing a bit of that right now

· Registered
3,015 Posts
You are in the cemetery digging up corpses and asking them to speak.
MS is universal, look at your engine management set-up and solutions don't worry what engine it's for. The Fe 16V dohc or a mitsu 2.0l or any other engine with any other displacement with the same problem as you on engine management will have the same solution.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts