Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the "Cool Blue" headlights. Crap, I'm giving everyone a warning about this trap. They are not cool blue, and if your thinking about it dont. Anyway, I was wondering if a second gen 6 could pull off the really illegal blue lights (as blue as the x5 lights even tho they arent illegal). Some cars you cant tell if they have the unit or if they just bought the bulbs. I saw a pair of those bulbs in a old volkswagon (the ones w/ the really large square headlights) and they looked awful. W/o paying for the j-specs and just replacing the bulbs.. would it look legal? Thanx

[Edited by Sjlax4 on 05-08-2001 at 10:13 PM]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
after buying those, hooking them up, and seeing that they wrent blue, i took them back... they let me exchange them for something else...

X5 headlights are not illegal, theyre HID. HID is legal in all 50 states.

check your local laws and see EXACTLY what is legal. thats my best advice... then the next time a cop pulls you over, you can tell him some Sh!t...

in fact, photocopy it, laminate it, and keep it in your car. if you ever get pulled over, ask the cop what the statute says. hell probly bullsh!t you or say he doesnt know.

if he gives you the BS, tell him hes lying and show him the card.

if he says he doesnt know, tell him that he shouldnt be an officer, ask if thats all he pulled you over for... if it is, LEAVE... just punch it. or if you dont feel that ballsy, tell him hes harassing you and you want his name and badge number... if he starts to BS you, show him the card... after he reads it, ask can i go now?

G

·
0 Posts
I agree!! Do not buy the "Cool Blue" headlights!! I paid $25.00 each (Canadian) and the look the excat same as a regular bulb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey. don't ever go w/ cool blue b/c they reallie aren't blue at all. anyways, if u wanna go w/ a tyte blue color, go get some nokya lites....otherwise piaa are good just less blue and a bit more expensive. the nokya ones make your front lites blue when u look at them during the day (when they are off) b/c the blue from the headlites reflects in the reflecting material in the headlite. at nite, they are not too too blue but still blue. hehe....i'm prolly confusing everyone. anyways, if you want blue...go w/ the nokya's....i haven't gotten pulled over and the cops where i live are all ****heads. and if u do....i think its worth it. kinda like when u get a ticket for taking the front license plate off (which makes the car front look bad). anyways, enuf talk...gtg

brenda

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
PIAAs are less blue because theyre DOT approved. anything bluer is crossing the line. thats just stuff they can get you for on saturation patrols, etc...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got the Hiper Xenons for about $30 for my 626 and they do look blue. If this is what you are looking for, I definately recommend them. I haven't had any problems with the law. If I ever get pulled over (which has happened since I put them in, but he didn't say anything about them), I just show him the original bulbs, which I keep in the car, and tell him that I just got a warning from another cop and I am on the way home to change them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
the only blue ones that you can get are the REALLY blue ones... they cost about $35-45... twice as much as the "cool blue" ones. i got "cool blue" from pep boys and walmart (gifts) and neither looked blue. if you want blue, get the more expensive ones, they're the only ones that work... but if you want awesome shyt... get HID... right now (6/6/2001) at www.groupbuycenter.com they have a 9004 HID bulb kit (the ones for A-Spec lights) for $575... check 'em out :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey..they reallie aren't that expensive. i mean, i paid $40 for mine (which isn't too bad) but the best bet is to search on ebay. even if you search using "mx6" they have all kinds of lights. try it.

brenda

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
rhumen said:
but if you want awesome shyt... get HID... right now (6/6/2001) at www.groupbuycenter.com they have a 9004 HID bulb kit (the ones for A-Spec lights) for $575... check 'em out :p
you dont need group buy... go to www.HIDkits.com and get whatever style bulb you like for $580

i started an HID bulk buy thread but it got erased with the board update. maybe ill do it again.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hey
I’ve got "Narva" Artic blue globes...they are awesome ,BUT resonantly {to day in fact}one went bung I went to buy a new one/set when I put them in "they where a different colour, more yellow! So I compered the old and new lamps and all the details are the same except one, the new ones had d.o.t. on them Which I am assuming stand for department of transport approved. The point of me sharing this with you is that thy must have made them different {brighter + bluer}2 years ago .Look for old stock of these lamps or perhaps a different spec from Germany.
They are truly awesome!!!
The specs on the lamp are ---
12v--55w--64150CB--E1-24N--H1
OSRAM GERMANY
PK
P.S. I’V got a mate going to Germany next month and I’m going to ask him to look in to it for me .
I’ll let you know how we go!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
turns out the kit is $505 shipped and you CAN pick youre style of bulb... this is looking pretty appealing except the DONT HAVE A FREAKIN H3!!!!!!

so the only way i can have hid is to put them in my high beams... Grrrr....

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
or you can go on ebay and get em for $9.99

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
today is my freakin lucky day... i just got emailed about H3 bulbs...

$350 a pair including shipping!!!

think a BB can get the price lower???

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is that for the HIDs? I would really be interested in getting those. And are the H3s for the headlights? I thought that the 6 took A4s for the headlights and H3s for the fog lights.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
DAMNIT!!!!

i just got an email saying that that price was just for the bulbs...

then he said $575 for the whole kit if i can get 10 or more orders.

the host on the www.groupbuycenter.com told me that they do have the H3s. there still working out some stops with the focusing and housing fitting, etc.

and the H3 bulb is what goes in the Jspec headlight housing. these are what i have. but you can get any bulb, including 9004 if youre willing to give up your high beam...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
so... $505 is the best price ive found for the complete kit. but you have to buy before 7-06 or something.

the best quality kit ive found was at www.HIDkits.com

$575 and you DONT need 10 orders. thats an anytime price. they havent mentioned anything about H3 yet though...:(

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
HI
Mr stage36 there isn’t allot of difference between the h3 and the h1, I’ve made a h1 lamp fit in my driving lights {with a little cut from some tinsnips, and the lead just plugs on} they are not that different!
C U
PAUL:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts