Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
With you being from the states, we wouldn't expect you to know.

Vehicles that are newer than 20years old (older ones are considered classics), have to pass an emissions test. There is a set standard per vehicle that the government controls.
If your vehicle fails said test, then you have to repair it up to a certain cash value ($450 first time, $1000 second time) to recieve an exemption.

A fake E-test, would be where you run a different vehicle and give them the VIN of the vehicle you have at home that won't pass the test.

Also, I recieved a fake E-test on one of my other cars. Then again, where I work, I get to know a lot of mechanics. Fake e-tests usually run about $150-$200 Canadian and Safety's are about $80-$150.

·
Registered
947 Posts
my parents had a cracker-jack safty, and the MTO stoped by the house to do an inspection of the car, lucky for them it passed, but they can't look at your car unless they ask you first but if you deny then they have suspection that you did get a fake one and they can force you to bring it in

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sockington said:
With you being from the states, we wouldn't expect you to know.
we have emmissions testing here in the states too.. in fact. I work for a state certified Inspection Station!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Well, I'm in the states too. But I'm canadian, so I know twice as much ;) Go sens.

·
Registered
592 Posts
There's no E-testing in Alberta! We love our black and blue smoke billowing car and trucks here. :freak:

·
Registered
741 Posts
HHBL said:
There's no E-testing in Alberta! We love our black and blue smoke billowing car and trucks here. :freak:
Nor in Newfoundland... But NF cars rust out before the emissions get bad anyway! :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ya i can get a fake one for 100, but im damn happy cause my plate renewal just came and i dont need another one till next yr.
KISER, can you hook me up with the e-test? my car is in storage right now and i almost postive my car is due this year.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Sockington said:
If your vehicle fails said test, then you have to repair it up to a certain cash value ($450 first time, $1000 second time) to recieve an exemption.
so does that mean you can in fact have a mutha of a polluting car and they will give you an exemption as long as you have pumped enough cash into it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
91turbo666 said:
so does that mean you can in fact have a mutha of a polluting car and they will give you an exemption as long as you have pumped enough cash into it?
for some reason i don't think thats true.... i never have heard of that.. my dad kept failing his etest and i know damn well it put more then 1000 into the fix

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
so where do you get them fixed? government run places? for a minute it sounded like the government isnt totally concerned about the environment if you wave a grand under their noses

·
Registered
947 Posts
i guess your right then, my badd. i wish i knew then about 6 months ago.....damn

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
many shops have been shut down do to violating the rules of etest. They are on the cleanair emiision website. I have never headr of anyone getting caught personally, just the shops.
Etest min repair are different all over.. mine is 450 bucks, but my car passed fine. If you want to really avoid it, change your address to somewhere north. For example, if i change my address to my cottage, i will not have to do an etest as it is not required there.
Up to you... or just fix yours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts