Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does every city have illegal races??? Just wondering. Can you please also state which city and state you live in. THanks

BTW, i live in vegas and i know there isnt any MX6s that go out. Im the only one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Im in NY and although I do not go to the illegal races a friend of my with a supercharged M3 does. He's says that he has seen lots of first general MX6 GTs there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i live in greensburg, pennsylvania, about 30 miles east of pittsburgh, and we have a small group here who street races. we have a 4-lane road where we have started going over the past month or so, only in perfect conditions, very late at night. i am sort of scared that this is gonna get discovered quickly by the state cops, and all of us are gonna get hit with some monster tickets...

·
Registered
183 Posts
The best illegal racing is out in the country. You get a few guys with cbs, and block off the road for 5 miles or so. If there are any problems, radio to the other end and tell them whats up. If any cars come up to the road block tell em its construction or some shit. Its seriously the best racing ever. Tickets are very rare, and the speeds are usually as fast as the car will go. If a cop comes up to the road block, radio ahead to the other end, call off the race before the cop gets out of the car, and then when he asks whats up, tell him you almost hit a dear or something and you stopped to make sure eveything was ok.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You mean people actually fall for the construction line that you give them. I mean if I can across some guy in street cloths and just a regular car blocking the road and told me that there was construction ahead I would look over his shoulder, ask where and then just drive past him.

Do people really fall for this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
what is another driver gonna do? just tell him you're having a drag race and need the road clear for 5 minutes or so ;)

and come on, it's the country... so many miles of unused road, i don't think you'll have a hard time

out of town here there's an abandoned airstrip that's in really good condition... damn is that fun

·
Registered
183 Posts
See my group is a bunch of crazy hicks, and people know if they question us or try to run the block, some shit is going to go down. If they cant sit and wait, somethings wrong, besides they know for damn sure whats going on when they see a couple of badass muscle cars come to the block.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I guess your right. Im on Long Island and the roads are way too crowded here. Besides I found that hard to believe cause if you tried that on LI, people would not even stop and just laugh at ya.

Good for you guys.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow u guys squeel pretty quick. How do u guys know this guy who started the thread isnt with the cops? hes making alist and faxing to the local police departments of where all u live. That would suck seriously.
I live NJ,way to crowded to get any good illegal drag strips.

That idea about blocking the road off is one mad good idea though. ALthough you should also let the racer's or soemone witht he racer's ahve a cb too so if the cops run up on one end, they can find out immeaditley and split. Gonna try it sometime.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Toronto, Canada!

like most cities we got illegal races going on down here but the places change so rapidly becuase of the F*CKIN COPS!!! theyre everywhere and they even go as undercover amateur racers to get us busted! in one night the location may change about 3 times but man is it fun... the nicest cars show up and the races are always sweet... i love the import vs. domestics (ie. an integra type r vs a camaro or mustang)... illegal street racing RULEZ!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a cop and you guys are all going to get arrested. HAHA no,allworldkj im not. Anyways Blocking a street off sounds freaking crazy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not, but my best friend is... and you know what's great?... we race all the time! He's got a talon... I eat him up every time. And if we get caught (which we have) we just say "hey what's up?" He always knows them so I don't get in trouble either. It's to your advantage to find a buddy cop... can always get you out of a ticket with a friendly buddy to buddy call...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
in Albuquerque theres a street called Montgomery and its 6 lanes and the cops know about it but theres too many racers... they set up their speed traps and make their quota but that doesnt stop anyone...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Whew, bad memories of montgomery. I remember picking my brothers new truck up from Casa chevy, cause he wasnt in town when it came it. i wound up on montgomery for some reason, looking for a place to eat or something, and i wound up in the middle of this ricer fest. That was horrible. I wanted to stomp them into the ground but then i realized the truck wasnt mine, and id die hard core if i hurt the truck. Im gonna have to go back some day.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That is cool on the country roads. Some hicks are pretty cool. We didn't race as much out in the country, we had 4 wheel drives, 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers and such. That kept us country boys pretty busy.

Im sure Dallas has plenty. A friend of mine was telling me today about if you get caught dragging, it is like a $1000+ ticket, and insurance companies love it==they get to charge you a sh!t load more in premiums.

That abandoned air strip would be the bomb!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
This is Texas, depends on where you live. Now granted, it would depend on the cop, how fast yall were going, and a lot of stuff like that. They can call it an "Exhibition of Speed" or something like that, and it is NOT treated the same as a speeding ticket. They take drag racing very seriously--because of the dangers that some idiot drivers bring into play. When they bust guys doing illegal street racing, ask them if they just got a $120 ticket for Dragging.

In Texas, I believe once you exceed 100mph, they can take you to jail if they want to--though I don't think they usually do.

G

·
airport racing

Well, if this guy is a cop...then come and get us! Anyways were i live there is a small airport, it was used in WWII for the military. We found this 2 lane rode in the back and it happens to be a 1/4 mile. its in the middle of the woods. and what makes it fun is sometimes we get 20-30 cars out there for real big races, and when the cops come its hard as hell to get away...the cops bring out helicopters and shine there spotlights tryin to find us. The cops have really cracked down latley so we havent been out there for a long time...since like the summer...but things are coolin down and the MX6 will run wild again!

·
Registered
179 Posts
We have a place in Ocala Fl where we go called Mos Bluff. Its a huge ass subdevisions where the back roads go for miles with no one around. The cops go there alot and I havnt been there in a while because of all the cops. They bring the helicopters there alot also. But usually they drive up and say "so i guess everyone is leaving now?" Sometime they r pricks. o well. Its fun and there is no traffic at all.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
YZF-R1 said:
...and i wound up in the middle of this ricer fest. That was horrible.
yeah i stopped going out there... too many "TYPE-Rs" ou there... everyone has stripes so of course i dont have a chance...LOL

although one time i did see a chevelle with 2 3-foot stacks coming out of the hood... he said he does 9s on slicks...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts